300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the past screw me?

Thanks all for your assistance. I will wait a few more years. If that's what you say it will take then so be it. Even if it doesnt. I will continue pursuing my JD as a secondary, doesnt mean I will give up my primary.

Thanks all for all your assistance. Good luck to all.
    Last edited by Aj1213; 12-05-2020, 08:13 PM.

You lied.
    It’s documented that you lied.
    Your “honesty”? Really? You. LIED.
    You weren’t “young and dumb”. That don’t fly.
    You won’t make it past a BI, and IF you did, it’s documented that you LIED and that will remove you from being able to testify as to the truth.

Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Aj1213 View Post
      Hey all,

Back in late 2017 I applied for my department and got dqd for 3 years for telling them the truth about the timeline of when I partook in narcotics when I was younger. Beginning of 2018 I applied for a different department and lied about what I had done and when. I was dqd due to a couple traffic violations. Since then I applied for 2 other departments and used the same story as the original giving the proper timelines without lying. One dqd me for a year due to the narcotics, the other I withdrew for personal reasons. My DQ is up for the original department, I have been in college since, and I am in a career well known to the department as a special response team officer in the private industry which has granted me skills that will assist me as a LEO. My professor who was a Sheriff at a different state wrote a letter of recommendation for me, along with my manager. I am #4 on my eligibility list out of 200+ candidates. My only worry is the one department. That they will cross reference and see that I lied. I was young, and dumb. There is no question. But years have passed, I have aged, and I have improved. Will they take my honesty, my recommendations, and my eligibility listing into consideration, or am I a lost cause? I’m staying in the process no matter what, I’m simply trying to get an opinion from y’all. So let’s hear it. Thanks guys n gals
      Saved. Because...

Comment

Hey all,

Back in late 2017 I applied for my department and got dqd for 3 years for telling them the truth about the timeline of when I partook in narcotics when I was younger. Beginning of 2018 I applied for a different department and lied about what I had done and when. I was dqd due to a couple traffic violations. Since then I applied for 2 other departments and used the same story as the original giving the proper timelines without lying. One dqd me for a year due to the narcotics, the other I withdrew for personal reasons. My DQ is up for the original department, I have been in college since, and I am in a career well known to the department as a special response team officer in the private industry which has granted me skills that will assist me as a LEO. My professor who was a Sheriff at a different state wrote a letter of recommendation for me, along with my manager. I am #4 on my eligibility list out of 200+ candidates. My only worry is the one department. That they will cross reference and see that I lied. I was young, and dumb. There is no question. But years have passed, I have aged, and I have improved. Will they take my honesty, my recommendations, and my eligibility listing into consideration, or am I a lost cause? I’m staying in the process no matter what, I’m simply trying to get an opinion from y’all. So let’s hear it. Thanks guys n gals

So, you were "young and dumb" 2 yrs ago but you are not anymore ?

Being terminated in your highly secret special response team won't help either

Read Brady Vs Maryland 373 U.S. 83 (1963),and it's connotations for police officers who have a proven record of lying ESPECIALLY on official documents (police applications )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_v._Maryland
        Last edited by Iowa #1603; 11-25-2020, 07:15 PM.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Hey all,

What are the circumstances behind the omissions of the drug usage? IE was it wilfully omitted (you did something, but said you didn't do it), or was it misremembered? The latter happens frequently and can be worked with, the former will more or less make any form of government employment very difficult any time you're asked about drug usage.

Comment

He stated he lied.

Comment

OP,

You lied and got caught. And other PDs will find out if they cross reference with other PDs. You may wanna work another stay clean and try to apply in another 5 to 8 years.

Comment

No one is perfect but your integrity is everything in this line of work.

Time and measurable success is your best friend.

Comment

You might have to find a small dept with high turn over to take a chance on you and the chief be your friend.

Comment

The past didn’t screw you.

You screwed you.... and until you grow up and accept responsibility you will keep screwing you.
                    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                      The past didn’t screw you.

You screwed you.... and until you grow up and accept responsibility you will keep screwing you.
                      I was going to say the same thing. In practical terms, it depends on the thoroughness of the background investigation.

Comment

man, that sucks you did that to yourself.

Comment

Short answer.... well I need to dive more in-depth.

What were the narcotics you used and how long ago?

This issue I see here is the willful lying. You were DQ'd for a set period of time meaning that the agency wasn't not-interested in you but that they were not-interested in you right then and there. Rather then waiting the required time period you opted to lie to try and speed up the process. To a BI this is a huge red flag because how can we guarantee you won't do something similar again because you lack patience and want instant gratification. How can we guarantee that you won't lie in a statement of probable cause or warrant affidavit just to "hurry things along."

"Young and dumb" would be applicable if you were under 18 and it had been over a decade but we are talking two years or less. Around here we all talk to each other and if you application came across my desk you would be a "does not recommend" report to the bosses.

Comment

You lied.

Your drug use and blaming "the past" are issues also.

We're not here to coach you on how to beat the screening process- the screening process is designed to keep people like you out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6835 users online. 352 members and 6483 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X