300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Question

I'm an Explorer, and am also in the process of applying with the Washington State Patrol, and therefore, have been on many rides with multiple agencies. On one of my first ride alongs, I was told by the officer I was riding with that cops usually hate it when you just sit there silently, that they like being asked questions.

Question 1: Is this normally the case? Or was that more or less specific to the department I was riding with?

Question 2: Granted, there are bad Explorers out there, but in general, do officers enjoy ride alongs with Explorers more, or less, than your average citizen.

And I did have a third question which is semi-unrelated... Our post is still fairly new (probably 6 years old now), and due to the post not having the best people initially, most of the officers did not really enjoy having us there. Now, I think with a lot of work, they appreciate us more than in the past. So the question is, do officers usually like Explorers?

Edit: Also, when on a ride along I usually ask very specific questions regarding law, or procedure, or what particularly the officer is looking for when they do a specific thing (not questions like "have you ever shot someone!?!")... is this appreciated at all, or would you rather we just observe and talk about sports and weather.
    Last edited by PPDExplorer; 06-04-2007, 12:50 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6199 users online. 350 members and 5849 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X