300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Frame of Exam to Fitness Test?

Wondering about the typical time frame from when you take the written exam, pass, etc. to the physical test. I only ask because I am recovering from a broken ankle surgery.
    Thank you!

There really is no "typical" time frame. It just depends on the availability of staff to conduct the different phases of testing, how long it takes to complete the prior phases of testing and how quickly a department needs to fill vacancies.

Before they hold an oral exam, they need to see how many pass the written (no point in giving the oral to those who fail the written). Similarly, before they hold the physical agility, they first need to see how many pass the oral. All that takes time and often, these things are scheduled when enough department personnel have free time in their schedules to put that portion of the test together.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

L-1, around here it is common to do the physical agility before the oral interview.

OP, no telling. IIRC. there is a department in a neighboring county that does the physical before the exam is even graded.

Comment

It is different everywhere. I took the written test still sweaty from the PT test.

Comment

• Iowa #1603
          Iowa #1603 commented
          Editing a comment
          We do it the other way..................less people at the agility test that way

Originally posted by alib View Post
        Wondering about the typical time frame from when you take the written exam, pass, etc. to the physical test. I only ask because I am recovering from a broken ankle surgery.
        Thank you!
        In Iowa you normally do both tests the same day

Orals are long in the future
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Yes in many suburban Chicago area departments you will do the written and physical test the same day. It varies whichever one comes first.

Comment

Usually whichever test the department sees more people fail will be first. Some departments have both written and physical the same day. I’ve seen out of state applicants given physical, written and oral board the same day or consecutive days some places.

Others will put a month between each step. It’s different every single place.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6794 users online. 354 members and 6440 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X