300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can a canadian cop become a cop in the US

i was wondering if i got duel citizenship and i was a cop in canada could i become one if i moved to the US? any advice is much appreciated. thanks..

With dual citizenship, I believe it's possible. The down-side of it, it you're going to have to go through another Academy, at least to learn Dept. policy and U.S. law.

Comment

does that mean i have to go through the whole process again?

Comment

Probably most of it, although that would depend on the agency. Here in Phoenix, I'd say yes BUT the good thing is your background is solid which decrease the processing time a HUGE amount. Most laws and the use of force policies are pretty much the same, I imagine, so they MAY let you go through that stuff with your FTO. State laws, report writng may require class time. The last lateral I heard of spent something like 6 weeks in the Academy then went on to his FTO

Comment

thank you so much. your a doll.
          Last edited by XxXnoelleXxX; 06-03-2007, 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Maybe maybe not

This all depends on where you want to work. The 1st thing I'd decide is where and call their POST, Police Officer Standards and Training. They will be able to tell you if your Academy is recognized. You may get pleasantly surprised and just require a refresher course. BUT, the 1st thing you need is your dual citizenship from Canada/US. You do have that don't you?
            "God Created Police Officers So Firefighters Would Have A Hero"

Comment

The answer is YES.

I went throught the Academy with a former RCMP. Another co-worker was another RCMP refugee....got the dual citizenship and in the door. California will hire canucks no problem.

Go for it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4861 users online. 254 members and 4607 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X