Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about hiring process

Hello I have a few questions about the hiring process in California,

do police department prefer new graduate officer form the Academy with college degree or experience officer with no degree.,

does not receiving your high school diploma consider a failure of your background check even though you got your school diploma years later.

does high blood pressure consider a failure !

how is possible to the background check investors to find out about you lying about drug or alcohol intake.

So , here is an example! Let’s assume an officer have decided to leave his long time department and move to a different department with the experience he has what’s his change of getting hired.If he have bad credit history ! He doesn’t hear very well in one of his ear ! He have to have the radio at the highest level to hear ! He had cholesterol and high blood pressure!

thank you , those are few questions from a few friends I know they are in the process of getting hired in south California.

Scott, your profile says that you are a police officer in California, but you are asking us hiring questions that a cop would know the answers to, and your demonstrated English skills would not be adequate in any English-speaking country.

So are you a cop, or not?

Comment

I am not an officer , but this is the only option I find to sign in. As I said I am asking for a couple of my friends, and All this questions are interesting questions I would like to find an answer!

thank you

Comment

Police departments prefer people who score high on the test and do well in the interview. That said, some departments do give preference for college education, and some require it. The answer is not a simple one-or-the-other.

The candidate would have to have a HS diploma or a GED. Not having one of these is not a failure of the background check, it is a failure to meet minimum requirements.

BP would have to be within whatever the state considers to be an acceptable range.

Most departments use a polygraph or CVSA, as well as look at personal history.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott85 View Post
          I am not an officer , but this is the only option I find to sign in. As I said I am asking for a couple of my friends, and All this questions are interesting questions I would like to find an answer!

thank you
          Claiming to be a police officer when you are not a police officer, is an arrestable criminal offense.

Comment

Really ! I don’t know that .

Comment

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, you know it now.

And we're not here to help criminals pretending to be cops...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3412 users online. 268 members and 3144 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X