Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Informal letter bad idea?

Wrong forum, my bad.
    Last edited by SurfSkateSnow; 11-02-2020, 11:17 PM.

Originally posted by SurfSkateSnow View Post
    I’m freaking out about this awkward, perhaps misinformed thank you letter I wrote the police and want to know if I should apologize if I see these guys again.

I see this dept a lot- I live in a small city and everyone in my family has a mental illness, including me. Fun.

My therapist told me to ask cops, but I don’t know any who haven’t been dispatched to me.

I am worried that the letter was offensive. It was important to thank the officers properly. It’s hard for me to tell what’s accurate and appropriate sometimes.

So the thank you letter was really long and was informal, creative, quirky, and sentimental. I even called them heroes, which I’m sure is so cheesy.

I also thanked an officer for not pointing a gun at me, which seems now like a horrible thing to say to a cop- I told him I thought he would have been justified. When you have a mental illness and see police violence on the news, that stuff seems very real. Plus, I was an EMT and noticed how some officers view and treat the mentally ill. Thank God these cool officers showed me that cops are here to help.

I told them they saved my life by preventing suicide, it’s true 100%, these cops I was afraid of and disrespectful to
    saved my life!!! I’m afraid they’ll think it won’t count because it’s not a big cinematic act of rescue.

Was I offensive? Should I apologize? I’d love any advice or comments on the situation.

Thank you all for the hard work you do. These cops I met changed my life forever, made it so much better, I bet all you folks have done that for someone. You have an extraordinary and noble profession.

Just forget about it and move on
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Y’all are good at brief communication. FOCUS is an acronym i guess. HIghfive
      Last edited by SurfSkateSnow; 11-02-2020, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I’m going to advise you to just leave here and move on and away...
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

There is no “away”, unless your goal as a cop is to put everyone in prison.

Comment

Reread what I posted.

Comment

Why did you delete your post..?

Comment

Well bud it’s hard to forget the only positive interaction you’ve had with police after years of my family and me being degraded and vilified. You guys don’t deserve such treatment and neither do civilians. I will always remember the intelligent, kind, respectful officers who helped me instead of hurting me like the others did. Thanks for your service whether you like me or not. God bless you.
                Peace.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3891 users online. 271 members and 3620 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X