This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got Nailed last night.

But thanks goodness this cop was practicing catch and release.
    I was driving my Porsche 911 enjoying a nice cool evening after getting off work.
    I had just left the city limits (where I am careful about not speeding) and as I rounded a curve (excelerating) my Valrntine1 lit up like a christmas tree. Of course reflex had me on the brakes trying to bleed off speed, but this guy had me dead to rights. I'm not sure how fast I was going, but at least 10 over.
    This guy was in the perfect spot. If my detector had not gone off , I probably would have not let off the gas until I was next to him. He was about 15 feet off the road behind a big cedar tree , up against a fence. He hit his blue lights just for a second , then turned them off. ( Pucker time)

Now the question , did he not ticket me cause he was not supposed to be hiding like that ? What gives?
    I do know a cop lives in the house next to where he was sitting , so the thought crossed my mind that the guy was just out there nailing people but not ticketing to slow traffic on his road.

It was his way of warning you to slow down....Please heed that warning because you may not get another warning...and get ticketed.

Comment

Had you been stopped, you would have for sure been cited. Slowing down when your radar detector goes off does nothing, you've already been clocked.

He can hide how he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
        It was his way of warning you to slow down....Please heed that warning because you may not get another warning...and get ticketed.
        I seriously doubt he will heed the warning since he has spent so much on a radar detector to avoid detection.
        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

we can't hide now? Why do peeps think that we have to follow some sort of "rule" while they get to run around willy nilly? And the cop was probably sitting there trying to catch up on paperwork from all the other citizens he'd written that shift.

+1 to the Sarg...OP's not going to quit.
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I know.

I know that slowing down did no good. I think I said he had me.
            Slowing down is a reaction to the radar detector going off. The radar detector does me no good if the radar is off , and he shoots just me. It does do lots of good when there is other traffic for Joe cop to shoot before I get to him.
            And yes , I will continue to speed. Speed limits are nothing more than revenue generators, and traffic cops are revenue collection agents for the state . Plain and simple. When I am caught (like last night ) I am willing to pay the man. If I get cut a break , good for me.
            I am not saying it is alright to drive like a lunatic. I am not saying that speed does not play a major factor in getting people seriously injured and killed.
            I am saying that in some instances the posted speed limit and the safe driving speed are set FAR apart.The disparity between safe driving speed and speed limit is there for only one reason, to generate revenue.
            The speed limits in a local town were just lowered , not to make the town safer, but to generate CA$H for the city. Am I supposed to respect the lower limit? Well, I dont. I dont want to be CAUGHT not respecting it though , hence the detector.

Comment

*banging my head*
              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                we can't hide now? Why do peeps think that we have to follow some sort of "rule" while they get to run around willy nilly? And the cop was probably sitting there trying to catch up on paperwork from all the other citizens he'd written that shift.

+1 to the Sarg...OP's not going to quit.
                WILLY NILLY? DATS GOOOOOD
                "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Originally posted by slider172 View Post
                  And yes , I will continue to speed. Speed limits are nothing more than revenue generators, and traffic cops are revenue collection agents for the state . Plain and simple. When I am caught (like last night ) I am willing to pay the man. If I get cut a break , good for me.
                  slider,

Do use a little favor. On the day you wrap that "Porsche 911" around a tree(and you surely will) please make sure you take no one else out but yourself, OK?
                  "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

You guys are missing it! Slider is JUST what we need! He realizes the "game", doesn't care & is willing to play the fool--this is "job security" at its finest! I just wish he lived near me! He could be "pen [email protected]#ked" to death and not have a leg to stand on AND not care! What more could you ask for?

Comment

Major cool points for using "willy nilly" in a post go to Smerfette.

Also, speeding is completely not what I thought this post was going to be about. Very disappointed.
                      It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Originally posted by slider172 View Post
                        I know that slowing down did no good. I think I said he had me.
                        Slowing down is a reaction to the radar detector going off. The radar detector does me no good if the radar is off , and he shoots just me. It does do lots of good when there is other traffic for Joe cop to shoot before I get to him.
                        I am not saying it is alright to drive like a lunatic. I am not saying that speed does not play a major factor in getting people seriously injured and killed.
                        I am saying that in some instances the posted speed limit and the safe driving speed are set FAR apart.The disparity between safe driving speed and speed limit is there for only one reason, to generate revenue.
                        The speed limits in a local town were just lowered , not to make the town safer, but to generate CA$H for the city. Am I supposed to respect the lower limit? Well, I dont. I dont want to be CAUGHT not respecting it though , hence the detector.
                        Slider, we just love folks like you. You must really want to contribute to the state, county, or municipal general funds. You must also enjoy paying the astronomical liability insurance rates that go with repeated citations. And, you no doubt enjoy making an attorney or two rich defending your butt in traffic court. I can only second the post that begs you to be the only one in your 911, when you wrap that beautiful hunk of German sheet metal around a tree. It's gonna happen Pal, sooner or later. Professionals still get killed on race tracks. It figures amatuers will get killed on highways. In a way, you'll be doing some folks a service though. A Traffic Homicide Investigator, Forensic Pathologist, and a Funeral Director will all get to hone their respective skills when you crash and burn for good. Oh, and how about people who love you? A Wife, Girlfriend, kids,? Sure, they'll miss you, but they'll get over it.

Comment

I could give 2 doodies if he kills himself...I just feel bad for the father, mother, or child that he takes out in the process.

As for speed limits, are you sure you have all the facts? I live on a very wide road with a huge turn lane in the center that is tree-lined and has a few entrances to neighborhoods and ends at a waterfront...the road isn't too populated and there is barely any traffic. The posted speed limit is 25mph but one could 'safely' do at least 50 on this road. Why is 25mph? Because we had multiple fatalities on this road (most of them pedestrians getting whacked by speeding cars). The 'revenue generators' decided to lower the speed limit to 25mph...and I can shoot laser here all day long and have no problems giving out citations. Is it to make money? Nope....but not a single person has been killed on this road since lowering the speed limit 2 years ago. To go from multiple fatals a year to none says something.....

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
                            I could give 2 doodies if he kills himself...I just feel bad for the father, mother, or child that he takes out in the process.

As for speed limits, are you sure you have all the facts? I live on a very wide road with a huge turn lane in the center that is tree-lined and has a few entrances to neighborhoods and ends at a waterfront...the road isn't too populated and there is barely any traffic. The posted speed limit is 25mph but one could 'safely' do at least 50 on this road. Why is 25mph? Because we had multiple fatalities on this road (most of them pedestrians getting whacked by speeding cars). The 'revenue generators' decided to lower the speed limit to 25mph...and I can shoot laser here all day long and have no problems giving out citations. Is it to make money? Nope....but not a single person has been killed on this road since lowering the speed limit 2 years ago. To go from multiple fatals a year to none says something.....
                            All of what you've posted makes great sense--to reasonably intelligent people. Doubt very much it will greatly influence "Need for Speed" Slider. Slider doesn't really give a rusty flip about other people, he's the center of his own universe. The world revolves around him. That's why, once more, we can only hope that when the inevitable fatal accident occurs, he will be the only one on the way to the Medical Examiner's Office.

Comment

I think y'all ignored the fact that I Dont condone driving like an idiot. I believe there are some assumtions(and we all know what assume spells)about my driving, and my getting tickets.
                              I have been driving for 25 years, and have gotten 3 speeding tickets in that time.One of which I got while driving 10 over the limit with the flow of traffic. (I was the Porsche in the bunch)
                              One of which I got while in a passing lane trying to get by a truck that had crud spilling out the back (and all over my Corvette). The other I was on the interstate just plain driving too fast.
                              In all three instances , I paid my ticket and did not frett about it.
                              In all three instances I was on a state highway or interstate traveling at a safe rate of speed. I just happend to be exceeding the legal speed limit, and got caught.
                              I do not drive my Porsche on the road like I do at the track. I am not a teenager . I feel after 25 yrs of driving, I can judge what a safe speed is on a particular road. If that safe speed happens to be faster than the posted speed limit I am likely to exceed the posted speed limit.
                              In the Porsche if it is raining I will likely not even drive the posted speed limit as I know this car and water do not mix.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6778 users online. 368 members and 6410 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X