300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with Karen's

Good evening, any officers on here ever have any dealings with the so called "Karen's?" If so was it annoying and did they ask to speak with a supervisor? Thanks.

......What?

Comment

..........yes..........
      US Army Veteran
      The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

Name shaming is a bias crime.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Aidokea
          Aidokea commented
          Editing a comment
          In our experience as cops, the majority of our arrestees are people young enough to participate in "current culture fads"...

• darkhorse6
          darkhorse6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking at this with clear eyes and no more whiskey in the system.... my sarcasm and humor rated about a 2.5 out of 10. I apologize if I came across as offensive.

• Aidokea
          Aidokea commented
          Editing a comment
          It is quite telling that you spell "whisky" with an "e"...

• darkhorse6
          darkhorse6 commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried out a bottle of Rebel Yell. Not bad at all.

Yes...and I still took appropriate enforcement action against them, for the offenses they committed.

Comment

Karens are women who let themselves go after marriage, got traded in on an absolutely SMOKING hot 23 year old monogamous nymphomaniac, and now feel it necessary to punish all males past the age of puberty for it.

Comment

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            I have no idea what "not" drunk-posted and then deleted five minutes later- I seriously doubt that he sobered up in that short period of time.

Whatever it was, he probably typed it with his left hand only.

I seriously tried not to offend his delicate sensibilities- I made absolutely no mention of her being a model invited to participate in a calendar photo shoot in Maui by her bikini sponsor...

• not.in.MY.town
            not.in.MY.town commented
            Editing a comment
            I deleted my comment because I was trying to keep the peace, but since you must know....

My comment was that your ex-wife is probably also much happier enjoying her house without a narcissistic chauvinist pig in it. So it's a win-win.

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like personal experience there- did your husband trade you in on a younger girl?

• not.in.MY.town
            not.in.MY.town commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't treat women like cars.

Maybe if you had tragically lost the love of your life and mother of your children you'd understand. That tends to change one's perspective.

Originally posted by Chicago1991 View Post
          Good evening, any officers on here ever have any dealings with the so called "Karen's?" If so was it annoying and did they ask to speak with a supervisor? Thanks.
          We have more than a couple "Karen's" on this forum

They are dealt with
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup. I just dealt with one...

There were 2 ways of handling demanding "customers". Either give them minimum amount of service or more than they bargained for. If done correctly both would drive them crazy but pass muster as service rendered.
          Last edited by BNWS; 10-29-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago1991 View Post
            I'm more than happy to give them my card, point out the chief's phone number for them and tell them to give him a call.

I don't get paid enough to deal with them. Neither does he, but that's his problem.

...and I'm pretty sure we're calling them "Nancys" now.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Dealing with Karen's what?

Yeah, not the topic. But this is a personal pet peeve of mine, I'm grumpy, and feel like going all grammar-police on someone.

The apostrophe (') shows possession or contraction, not pluralization!

Karens = a whole mess of 'em: Those Karens should find something better to do with their time.
              Karen's = it belongs to her OR Karen is: Is that Karen's fake Gucci purse? OR Karen's about to go off on Billy's soccer coach.
              Karens' = it belongs to a whole mess of 'em: Complaining to managers is a waste of those Karens' time.

Jesus wept, it's not that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by orangebottle View Post
                Dealing with Karen's what?

Yeah, not the topic. But this is a personal pet peeve of mine, I'm grumpy, and feel like going all grammar-police on someone.

The apostrophe (') shows possession or contraction, not pluralization!

Karens = a whole mess of 'em: Those Karens should find something better to do with their time.
                Karen's = it belongs to her OR Karen is: Is that Karen's fake Gucci purse? OR Karen's about to go off on Billy's soccer coach.
                Karens' = it belongs to a whole mess of 'em: Complaining to managers is a waste of those Karens' time.

Jesus wept, it's not that hard.
                Thank you.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Aidokea
                  Aidokea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I feel better...

Dealing with Karens is a very tedious task. They usually call dispatch and create a call for service right when you sit down to write the days reports, or when you are about to go off duty. They seem to have a knack for knowing the absolute wrong time to call.

They are the ones who create the typical call you get from the overly concerned, busy body that has nothing else to do in life. The nosey neighbor that peaks out their window shades to see why everyone else has a life and is enjoying it. She does not understand why she herself has no life. Due to jealousy, she finds comfort in calling the police to report any and all perceived illegal behavior so as to ruin everyone else's life.

It has really gotten worse with this whole COVID thing. They are the ones who call on all the mask less people and the gaggle of yutes at a skate park who are not socially distancing and so forth. And if the police don't do a good enough job chasing off all the kids from the park they will call dispatch back and demand to speak with the sergeant.

They will be the first to make a formal complaint against you too.

They think that their petty issue is the most important thing going on at the time and demand a level of service that is unattainable. They also want a report written on everything, even if a crime did not occur. Their civil issue must be documented because THEY demand it.

Unfortunately, I work for a department that has the philosophy, you call for the police you get the police, no matter how petty the call or whether it is a law enforcement matter or not. So how do we deal with Karens you ask, we accommodate them all day long. Which in my opinion only reinforces their intolerable behavior.

Comment

• darkhorse6
                  darkhorse6 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My department is similar. The rona has seemed to bring out the best... and worst... of the usual bs.

I had to deal with some of these folks, waaaay back before they had a title. I went the 'over serviced' route, giving them the FULL benefit of their tax dollars. I would sit and listen to their complaint, ask long questions, and basically burn up their time way past what they "felt" was needed. When they finally said "Well, what are you going to do about it?", I would ask them about appearances in court (during their work day), ask them to repeat their entire statement to make sure my notes were right, etc.
                They usually got up and left.
                "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
                  I had to deal with some of these folks, waaaay back before they had a title. I went the 'over serviced' route, giving them the FULL benefit of their tax dollars. I would sit and listen to their complaint, ask long questions, and basically burn up their time way past what they "felt" was needed. When they finally said "Well, what are you going to do about it?", I would ask them about appearances in court (during their work day), ask them to repeat their entire statement to make sure my notes were right, etc.
                  They usually got up and left.
                  Smart, I might have to use that strategy.

Comment

We got a few Karens in my town. Like the idea of the full service treatment.

I use to ask some complainants of petty offenses or perceived wrongs if they wanted to send the other person to prison, take their freedom away and if they would testify in court. Never had one say yes when I asked it like that and it saved me some paperwork. Might try it and the full service treatment with the next Karen.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2907 users online. 214 members and 2693 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X