300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise on improving my credit!

I am seeking to start applying for employment with several of the local police departments in the Phoenix Metropolitian area. But before I proceed in seeking employment, I need to improve my credit that I had ruined when I was younger.

My credit is the only thing I am worried about when it comes to applying for a Law Enforcement job. I know having good credit shows that you are a responsible person and shows that you will not be so easily bribed for money if you don't have money troubles.

I am planning to register myself in a local community college and take a money mangement course so I can get my credit and finances in order.

Besides taking this money mangement course in getting my finances in order, is there anything else I can do to improve my credit and improve my chances in getting a job with a police force?

i had the same isssue with my credit. Most of my stuff was a 4-6 years old. i was reffered this company. I did use them and they worked for me. http://www.aacr-llc.com

give them a call, the guy i talked to was Kenny. Hope this helps.

The only other thing i can tell you is search for letters to write the companys to settle, or becareful to pay off bills that you have not been touched for a few years. For instance, if you have a charge off and you have not touched it for 5 years in 2 more years it is off your credit no matter what. If you try to settle and you work somthing out and you settle it will show on your credit for 7 years from the date you settled. So unfortunatly you would be better off not touching it. That is just somthing i learned along the way. Good luck to you.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
    Proversb 3:5

Comment

Originally posted by italyn View Post
      i had the same isssue with my credit. Most of my stuff was a 4-6 years old. i was reffered this company. I did use them and they worked for me. http://www.aacr-llc.com

give them a call, the guy i talked to was Kenny. Hope this helps.

The only other thing i can tell you is search for letters to write the companys to settle, or becareful to pay off bills that you have not been touched for a few years. For instance, if you have a charge off and you have not touched it for 5 years in 2 more years it is off your credit no matter what. If you try to settle and you work somthing out and you settle it will show on your credit for 7 years from the date you settled. So unfortunatly you would be better off not touching it. That is just somthing i learned along the way. Good luck to you.
      Thanks for the advise!

Comment

I learned the hard way. Check your credit al least once a year. You can get 1free credit report a year. Also, check yourself. Don't trust that your spouse took care of anything.

Comment

Step 1: Cut up the credit cards
          Step 2: Burn the pieces.
          Step 3: Vow to never have one ever again.

I used to be in your situation and it kept me from being hired several times. I called Consumer Credit Counseling and they bailed me out and helped me. My interest rates on the different cards dropped from around 30% to 7% (and on two as low as 0).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4744 users online. 252 members and 4492 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X