300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do to gain a cops respect?

This is my only post here, ever. So Hi! nice to meet yall.

I'm in Houston, TX and I seem to have a sign on my back that says pull me over.

Granted I know when I'm wrong. I get alot of speeding tickets and I take care of them.(normally in my truck)

My record is clean.

But yesterday I was riding my G/f's CBR1000rr, Pulled up to a redlight next to a cop on a side street, rode beside him right at the speed limit for a mile or so (with a friend of mine riding my bike right behind me) the cop slows down some and cuts my friend off completely(we were riding staggard like we are supposed to and he pulled inbetween us pushing the other bikes into another lane *no emergency lights*) then he hits his lights. I pull over and he noticed the reg. was out on the bike (apr 07, no biggy. i didnt know and its understandable.) well the inspection sticker went out may 07... its was June 1 07. 13 hours out of date. I am always a nice guy, yes sir no sir, ins on my 2 bikes and 2 trucks to show with my clean record and my FOP support card and stickers on my trucks and on my bike(not this one *it is my gfs) and i cant even get a warning for the inspection.

just wondering? Is it just the way some people look? is it just b/c i was on a sport bike?

cops wonder and gripe about sport bike riders running.. look what you do to the ones that stop.. why do you think so many run! I have a clean record and do my best to be a good citizen. I am a Pro Stunt rider and do shows for the area. NEVER wheelie on the streets. **** I get paid to wheelie in a parking lot, why get in trouble on the streets. but you gotta think about that. How you gona drill every sport bike rider when you get them on the side of the road and then wonder why we as a group of riders. always run? we know you cant catch us(the good riders) but yet I still stop for yall every time so i can take the beating for the guys that do ride like idiots on the streets.

so my main question.

What can I do on the side of the road to make things easier on the cop?

I normally
    1. stop
    2. turn off the bike
    3. helmet off
    4. wallet out, ins and DL in hand
    5. greet the cop using last name on name tag
    6. yes sir, no sir until he is done

what should i do?

thoughts?

Originally posted by AnnonymousBiker View Post
    This is my only post here, ever. So Hi! nice to meet yall.

I'm in Houston, TX and I seem to have a sign on my back that says pull me over.

Granted I know when I'm wrong. I get alot of speeding tickets and I take care of them.(normally in my truck)

My record is clean.

But yesterday I was riding my G/f's CBR1000rr, Pulled up to a redlight next to a cop on a side street, rode beside him right at the speed limit for a mile or so (with a friend of mine riding my bike right behind me) the cop slows down some and cuts my friend off completely(we were riding staggard like we are supposed to and he pulled inbetween us pushing the other bikes into another lane *no emergency lights*) then he hits his lights. I pull over and he noticed the reg. was out on the bike (apr 07, no biggy. i didnt know and its understandable.) well the inspection sticker went out may 07... its was June 1 07. 13 hours out of date. I am always a nice guy, yes sir no sir, ins on my 2 bikes and 2 trucks to show with my clean record and my FOP support card and stickers on my trucks and on my bike(not this one *it is my gfs) and i cant even get a warning for the inspection.

just wondering? Is it just the way some people look? is it just b/c i was on a sport bike?

cops wonder and gripe about sport bike riders running.. look what you do to the ones that stop.. why do you think so many run! I have a clean record and do my best to be a good citizen. I am a Pro Stunt rider and do shows for the area. NEVER wheelie on the streets. **** I get paid to wheelie in a parking lot, why get in trouble on the streets. but you gotta think about that. How you gona drill every sport bike rider when you get them on the side of the road and then wonder why we as a group of riders. always run? we know you cant catch us(the good riders) but yet I still stop for yall every time so i can take the beating for the guys that do ride like idiots on the streets.

so my main question.

What can I do on the side of the road to make things easier on the cop?

I normally
    1. stop
    2. turn off the bike
    3. helmet off
    4. wallet out, ins and DL in hand
    5. greet the cop using last name on name tag
    6. yes sir, no sir until he is done

what should i do?

thoughts?
    Yes Sir, I have a couple of thoughts. They are"

1). Have current registration.
    2). Have current inspection sticker.

Now, before you accuse me of gross sarcasm, etc, let me suggest that your situation does not represent a lack of respect on the part of the Officer. The issue isn't one of respect, but of you, as a motorist, having the vehicle you're operating currently registered and inspected. Those responsibilities apply to you, even if you're not the owner of the vehicle. The decision whether or not to cite you falls within Officer discretion. I'm not going to second guess the Officer's decision to take the action he did.

Comment

+1 on Phil

Turn the bike off and keep your hands away from your body if possible. Don't do anything else until the officer tells you. BTW, keep your hands AWAY from the handlebars

Obey the law and you'll have FAR less problems. Had you not had "a lot" of tickets in the past, you may well have left with a warning. Take responsibility for your actions.

Comment

No! In your case it might be because of the way you drive..."I get alot of speeding tickets and I take care of them(normally in my truck)"

Here's a good tip that might prevent you from getting a gun stuck in your face next time. Under no circumstance should you to go digging into your pants pocket or jacket w/o being first asked. Movements such as these make cops very nervous.
        "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Okay, I'm editing my original post...your inspection sticker is expired as soon as the 12 month period is over...it's a valid citation.

You live in Houston man, it's gonna happen, drive courteously and no matter whether the officer is a pompous butthead or as polite as can be, be respectful, let him tell you why he stopped you, and then offer your information once it's requested.
          Last edited by JSD73; 06-02-2007, 06:05 PM.
          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by JKralC104 View Post
            +1 on Phil

Turn the bike off and keep your hands away from your body if possible. Don't do anything else until the officer tells you. BTW, keep your hands AWAY from the handlebars

Obey the law and you'll have FAR less problems. Had you not had "a lot" of tickets in the past, you may well have left with a warning. Take responsibility for your actions.
            my lawyer takes care of all my tickets so my Ins. company never sees them. Can cops still see that i got the citations?

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
              Some of my brethren will correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's the same for inspection, but you have a 5 working day grace period once the registration expires...so basically the 6 th regular day (weekends not included) the tag expires. I think it's the same for inspection as well, so if you received a citation for that, then you can beat it.

You live in Houston man, it's gonna happen, drive courteously and no matter whether the officer is a pompous butthead or as polite as can be, be respectful, let him tell you why he stopped you, and then offer your information once it's requested.
              i thought so to but i didnt question the cop on the spot, i called a family member (cop) and he said its a courtesy and not a law. so if the cop wanted to be a %$#^ he could, and he did.

Comment

Go away. And yes, the police can see your screw ups.

Comment

my lawyer takes care of all my tickets so my Ins. company never sees them. Can cops still see that i got the citations?
                  I can't imagine any lawful method of "taking care" of traffic citations that circumvent the violations appearing on your driver's license record, thus your insurance company finding out about them. That sort of thing can come back to bite you, and it will be a much bigger bite than any traffic violation would produce.

Unless you have been stopped by the same police officer every time, I suspect that you are doing something to attract the attention of the police. Most of the people I know who have many traffic convictions try to rationalize this by putting the blame on the color or make of their car, the attitude of the local cops, their ethnicity, or some other irrelevant factor. In the end, the root cause is always (in my experience, anyway) that person's driving habits. I don't have anything on my car, inside or outside, that indicates my retired police status, and yet I go ten years or more between traffic stops, and my last citation was during the Nixon administration. I know other people with similar experiences.

You can keep re-working the equation, but eventually you have to quit questioning all the variables and take a long look at the constant.
                  Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Look what we do to the one's that stop? Should we cut all of you a break? Why do you expect to get a warning?

The officer exercised his discretion and wrote you a ticket. Some give warnings, some don't. Get over it.
                    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

See my revised post...the inspection certificate is over and done with on the 12th month and 1 minute over that time. If he did not issue a citation, as one said previously, it would have been a sign of courtesy, he chose to overlook that courtesy.

I agree with Mr. Dees, it seems as though you MUST be doing something to attract this type of attention. I hardly run into the same person day in and day out on patrol.
                      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees View Post
                        I can't imagine any lawful method of "taking care" of traffic citations that circumvent the violations appearing on your driver's license record, thus your insurance company finding out about them.
                        Only thing I can think of is that the lawyer gets with the court and they make a plea agreement....

Junior pays a ton of money to get it dropped down to a lessor offense such as a non-moving violation (such as a defective/faulty equipment) and it doesn't show up on his DL as a moving violation.....and they won't (usually) jack his rates up.....

Comment

cops wonder and gripe about sport bike riders running.. look what you do to the ones that stop.. why do you think so many run!

How you gona drill every sport bike rider when you get them on the side of the road and then wonder why we as a group of riders. always run? we know you cant catch us(the good riders) but yet I still stop for yall every time so i can take the beating for the guys that do ride like idiots on the streets.

thoughts?
                          First of all there is no reason EVER to run from the Police other that to avoid procecution/ticket/arrest/etc. And yes we do catch you runners from time to time. Just ask the girl who took off on her bike from one of the troopers a few weeks ago...Oh yeah..you cant..She's dead. In my experience, the runners on bikes we do catch up with are usually roadkill. For what. Just to get out of a ticket.

Anyway, my suggestion to you is to improve your driving habits.
                          John 3:16

Comment

cops wonder and gripe about sport bike riders running.. look what you do to the ones that stop.. why do you think so many run!

How you gona drill every sport bike rider when you get them on the side of the road and then wonder why we as a group of riders. always run? we know you cant catch us(the good riders) but yet I still stop for yall every time so i can take the beating for the guys that do ride like idiots on the streets.

thoughts?

My thought is that you are in the wrong place to suggest that you are doing us a favor by not running. I get that one alot. "Why are you writing me a ticket, I stopped?" "You know you can't catch us" puts you in the group that runs from time to time. You are such a habitual violator that you have an attorney for traffic court. I am sorry that the police are harassing you. I have been involved in many MC pursuits and they all ended in capture, injury, or death to the runner, so you are right. It makes sense to run from s traffic ticket. Sorry we force you into that situation.
                            If one man can make a difference, every man should.

Comment

Originally posted by JKralC104 View Post
                              Go away. And yes, the police can see your screw ups.
                              Kinda harsh don't you think. The poster asked what he can do to make the stop easier on a cop...

Anonbiker: I would do all of what you suggested but don't reach in for your info until you explain to the officer where it is and what you are reaching for. I personally wouldn't use the officer's name either, but greeting him with a smile and being polite is always a plus.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6699 users online. 358 members and 6341 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X