300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying To Become A Police Officer.

Well my account has finally been activated which has only taken a week to do so!!

Anyway to the point at hand.

I am eighteen years of age, i've always had a passion to join the police force and so on. I want to hopefully go into the Mounted Police section once advanced from a normal bobby.

Although i have just sent of for my Application to hopefully in the future become a part of the Police force, i have been told the police are looking at life experiance candidates only. Although i started working two weeks after i left high school and it's nearly been two years that day in an Architecture Firm, would this warrant that ? Also working on weekends at a Golf Cafe?
    With one day at college?

I'm not entirely sure, i know it states to join the Police force it is 18 years minimum, but i am just wanting a truthful answer, is it harder to get in the police force at my age to what it would be at someone who is 25 and older?

I mean i have my bike license (33 bhp two year restriction), car license, and hopefully passing my ACU license tomorrow (bike racing license).

I have attended Charity runs and so on, hardest one being the Manchester to Blackpool one. (That was pritty intense on my mountain bike !_!)
    But overall is it still possible to get in the force at this age? because i'm not sure why but when i rang up one certain Police Line, it stated am i 'gay/lesbian/ethnic/female' now i know theres prejudice in some way, but to say that in a way. Isnt it prejudice towards the male gender?

Originally posted by Maldives View Post
    Well my account has finally been activated which has only taken a week to do so!!

Anyway to the point at hand.

I am eighteen years of age, i've always had a passion to join the police force and so on. I want to hopefully go into the Mounted Police section once advanced from a normal bobby.

Although i have just sent of for my Application to hopefully in the future become a part of the Police force, i have been told the police are looking at life experiance candidates only. Although i started working two weeks after i left high school and it's nearly been two years that day in an Architecture Firm, would this warrant that ? Also working on weekends at a Golf Cafe?
    With one day at college?

I'm not entirely sure, i know it states to join the Police force it is 18 years minimum, but i am just wanting a truthful answer, is it harder to get in the police force at my age to what it would be at someone who is 25 and older?

I mean i have my bike license (33 bhp two year restriction), car license, and hopefully passing my ACU license tomorrow (bike racing license).

I have attended Charity runs and so on, hardest one being the Manchester to Blackpool one. (That was pritty intense on my mountain bike !_!)
    But overall is it still possible to get in the force at this age? because i'm not sure why but when i rang up one certain Police Line, it stated am i 'gay/lesbian/ethnic/female' now i know theres prejudice in some way, but to say that in a way. Isnt it prejudice towards the male gender?
    Well, here's your first reply, and it's from the United States. May I suggest that you make contact with the Police agency that you're interested in applying to, and see what specifically they require. We're fortuante to have several British Officers on the forums, so possibly they could be of help to you. Regarding experience: when a law enforcement agency speaks of preferring "experienced candidates" they are referring to prior police experience. Best of luck in your endeavors, and hopefully, one of our British colleagues will answer your post as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3167 users online. 151 members and 3016 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X