300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Drugs

I was just reading through the thread on "What you would do if there was pot at a party" and got to thinking, for the most part, how does the general officer's population feel about marijuana use vs. controlled substance use? (Mostly from a "on the street" perspective) Would you look "down" on somebody with the same morality for smoking as you would for PCS or similar? I don't know if its because I just started, but I wouldn't think of a guy with a joint as a pothead as much as I would think a guy with heroin is a junkie.

I know a lot of pot is tossed by LEO's everyday, but would you ever toss a controlled substance?

A lot of questions I know, but I'm pretty curious.

Marijuana IS a controlled dangerous substance.
    John 3:16

Comment

^ agree with above. Addiction to whichever drug causes assaults, larceny, B&E, etc...people that are addicted will do what is necessary (w/o regards to property or life) to get what they need (fix)...slingers will sell to kids regardless of the drug they are pushing (causing a whole other generation of addicts)...women will sell themselves for that next fix (even when they know their partner is HIV positive)...pushers have guns to protect their assests regardless of which drug they are selling (and I have to worry about those guns)...so guess what *I* think about marijuana "on the street" as opposed to some other drug. Makes not a bit of difference to me because, in the end, it's all the same.
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

People who smoke pot are whiners. They love to complain on how they aren't hurting anyone and one of these days the drug is going to be legal and it makes them more creative. Blah blah blah.

If it is a very small amount of pot and I am going call to call I throw the dope out.

A controlled substance doesn't get thrown out. They go straight to jail.
        Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I was told by some of the local gangsters that we shouldnt be able to cite them for weed because it is a cultural thing. jeez. Not to mention that these medical marijuana clinics pass out these medical cards to all of them and our policy states that if the card is valid, no arrest or cite.

Comment

Go to jail, do not pass go, go directly to jail!!!!
            "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

In my state, you can chose not to arrest for a misdemeanor, but not for a felony.

Controlled substances are felonies, except for marjiuana in quantites less than an ounce.

So, you have no legal right to dispose of a felony by destroying drugs.
              "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Originally posted by CAHokie View Post
                I was told by some of the local gangsters that we shouldnt be able to cite them for weed because it is a cultural thing. jeez. Not to mention that these medical marijuana clinics pass out these medical cards to all of them and our policy states that if the card is valid, no arrest or cite.
                These "clinics" are being disbanded and raided on a weekly basis by DEA. There are so many popping up out west that it is drawing the attention of the US Attorney's office and DEA. There is not any "medical cards" that would fly in my state (TN).

Over 1/2 oz of marijuana is felony in TN. Other controlled substances are a felony in any amount up to .5 gram, and a higher felony over .5 gram.

Felonies are not going away. Most of the time, neither is marijuana, especially if it is in a vehicle and they are DUID.
                I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by rbeck712 View Post
                  I was just reading through the thread on "What you would do if there was pot at a party" and got to thinking, for the most part, how does the general officer's population feel about marijuana use vs. controlled substance use? (Mostly from a "on the street" perspective) Would you look "down" on somebody with the same morality for smoking as you would for PCS or similar? I don't know if its because I just started, but I wouldn't think of a guy with a joint as a pothead as much as I would think a guy with heroin is a junkie.

I know a lot of pot is tossed by LEO's everyday, but would you ever toss a controlled substance?

A lot of questions I know, but I'm pretty curious.
                  Marijuana users don't want to be looked at like other drug addicts. But, when you see what they will risk to use marijuana, you realize that it has a much more powerful hold on them than hardly any of them will admit.

There are a lot of things that I wouldn't mind doing if they weren't illegal, but they aren't any of them that I just have to do so bad that I will risk my job and freedom to do, especially on a repeated and constant basis the way marijuana users/addicts do (and in my mind, anyone who has to have something, especially a mind altering substance, so bad that they will break the law to get it and use it, is usually an addict). And, something that I have noticed over time that can be something of a sore point for marijuana users/addicts, is when the term "addiction" is used to describe their constant and often daily need for the stuff.

It is not something that many care to think about, apparently.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3570 users online. 227 members and 3343 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X