300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying to too many agencies?

I am looking to apply within the next 6 months and have been narrowing my choices down. Does it look bad if I apply to a lot of departments? I've been looking at departments in VA and FL.
    "If you aint got no money take your broke a** home"

I'd suggest coming up with a real good answer to "Why do you want to work for this department?" It's a slam dunk that they're going to ask.
    Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

The "shotgun" approach to hiring on with a department is frowned on by most departments. Starting a background procedure on an individual is time consuming and expensive, especially for a smaller department. These departments don't look kindly at someone who is willing to settle for any old department just to get a toe in the law enforcement door.
      Carpe Noctem

Comment

What are you going to do when two or three agencies want you to come in for one of the tests at the same time? And when they ask you if you've applied to other agencies, be completely honest.
        Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
        Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

I applied to everything that I could, but also took into consideration exactly what my career goals were which helped to narrow down my search. Do your research on departments first, it will help you in your possible areas of employment and will also help you in interviews as you will be able to tie those career goals into your statements.

And as was said by sarge, BE HONEST, in everything. They WILL find out and it is much better for you to be honest in your application and in your job.

Good luck with your search.
          The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3937 users online. 157 members and 3780 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X