Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a ticket in Indiana

Hello,

I am currently working on my application to become a police officer. A few years ago (back in '03 I think) I received a speeding ticket somewhere in Indiana (I was driving from St. Louis to Richmond, so all I know is that it was somewhere along I-64). They had a "deal" where I paid something ridiculous (close to $200) and they would "remove" it from my record if I didn't get any more tickets in the next 12 months.

I tried contacting the Indiana BMV, who said they would have forwarded the information to the state where I hold my license (Missouri). I contacted the DMV here in Missouri and they have no records of anything on my license.

Now, the application does state I can put a best guess and I can give an explanation, but I was curious if any officers might know of other routes I could take to get this information. ("This information" being the agency that gave me the ticket, the exact offense, and its disposition.)

Thanks for your time,

RF

Originally posted by RexForest View Post
    Hello,

I am currently working on my application to become a police officer. A few years ago (back in '03 I think) I received a speeding ticket somewhere in Indiana (I was driving from St. Louis to Richmond, so all I know is that it was somewhere along I-64). They had a "deal" where I paid something ridiculous (close to $200) and they would "remove" it from my record if I didn't get any more tickets in the next 12 months.

I tried contacting the Indiana BMV, who said they would have forwarded the information to the state where I hold my license (Missouri). I contacted the DMV here in Missouri and they have no records of anything on my license.

Now, the application does state I can put a best guess and I can give an explanation, but I was curious if any officers might know of other routes I could take to get this information. ("This information" being the agency that gave me the ticket, the exact offense, and its disposition.)

Thanks for your time,

RF
    I used for work for the Richmond, IN PD. I-70 runs from Richmond to St. Louis, not I-64. Although you have a MO license you now have an Indiana file, if you got a ticket here. Contact the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles as they will have a record of it. Your investigator can run you through the Indiana BMV and find the ticket too.
    Last edited by Ten Six; 05-30-2007, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Finding a Ticket.

A citation will "drop" off of your record after a certain amount of years. It is usually three to five years, depending on the state. Okay, that doesn't mean you Driver History in it's entirety can't be accessed by a Background Investigator. Having said that, let me offer you this thought. Rather than going crazy trying to find the record, simply list the citation on your Background Packet or similiar document. List it to the best of your memory, as to date, time, violation, disposition. I don't think it's going to be a problem, but again, list it.

Comment

A 2003 ticket will show up on an Indiana driving record.

Comment

I would put an estimated date, mark it as such, and go on with your application. I had a ticket in Kansas and had no idea of the date. I never had a problem on any application because of listing an estimated date.
          I miss you, Dave.
          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
            I would put an estimated date, mark it as such, and go on with your application. I had a ticket in Kansas and had no idea of the date. I never had a problem on any application because of listing an estimated date.
            I guess that's what I'll end up doing. Like I said, I have contacted the Indiana BMV but they told me they wouldn't have that information.

And I meant I was driving to Richmond, VA. I should've specified, sorry!

RF

Comment

If you did what is called a diversion in Indiana, it will not show up on your record. Diversions are used alot in the county that I work. I believe the PO's office gets to keep all of the cash and the state gets nadda.
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                A citation will "drop" off of your record after a certain amount of years. It is usually three to five years, depending on the state. Okay, that doesn't mean you Driver History in it's entirety can't be accessed by a Background Investigator.
                Yeah, I had a BI ask me where was the ticket from 1992 (in 2005) on my packet. I didn't even remember it and still don't. (No, I wasn't drinking.) I remember the other two tickets, one that same year, but not that one. He was kind enough to tell me the date and offense and not hold it against me.
                If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2908 users online. 157 members and 2751 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X