300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polygraph Advice

I took my polygraph today and was basically told at the end of the exam that “There were some issues with some of the questions.” I was never directly told that I failed the exam and the polygraph administrator was constantly asking me if I left out any information or had anything to disclose to him at the end. I said no, because I did tell the truth on my responses and had no further information to give that I already had put down on my background paperwork. My question is, is It common or uncommon for polygraph people to try and get you to omit new information and scare you into thinking that you failed? Should I reach out the department and ask them what the next step is or explain to them what happened?

Everything involved in polygraph examinations is designed to produce stress and measure responses to stress. A polygraph is not intended to be a quiet or companionable experience. The operator is doing his level best to push your buttons at every step of the exam and measure your biometric responses. Repeatedly inquiring about anything not covered by pre-exam questionnaires or interviews is a very common technique.

Most polygraph operators I have known would never comment on "pass or fail" immediately following the testing. Examination of the recorded charts and interview questions in detail is a basic function, and requires time to perform by the polygraph examiner before an opinion can be formed and reported.

Worry about it all you want to, the test is done and the examiner will report his findings to the hiring authority.

Comment

^^^^^^ What he said

What happens now will happen. You have no further input until the agency contacts you as to whether you will continue with the process or not
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• lgob1654
        lgob1654 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys that’s what I figured, appreciate the input.

Originally posted by lgob1654 View Post
      My question is, is It common or uncommon for polygraph people to try and get you to omit new information and scare you into thinking that you failed?
      No, it is not common for polygraph examiners to try to get you to "omit" information.
      "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

OP, did you mean "omit", or did you mean ADMIT?

Comment

• ArmyVet
          ArmyVet commented
          Editing a comment
          I assume that is what the OP meant. I was just calling attention to the important distinction.

is It common or uncommon for polygraph people to try and get you to omit new information and scare you into thinking that you failed?
        The entire basis of a poly is the same as the basis of any other interview: the subject knows if they are lying or omitting. It’s human nature to assume others see thru your lie, and the machine adds to that assumption. Most people are horrible liars.
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5223 users online. 296 members and 4927 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X