300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police code

Is it pretty much the same throughout the country??

I found this pretty extensive list:

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/polcodes.htm

No. There are several variations. Probably three or four depending on the region.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I haven't yet found another state that's the same as NH..
      summer - winter - work

Comment

Our county just went to plain speech about a year ago. The 10 codes we were using were different though.
        John 3:16

Comment

Our county is almost entirely silent dispatch but we obviously still use some 10 codes which also vary from the link you provided.
          The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Most of the agencies I worked for have abandoned ten code...plain english is easier and besides, all the turds figure out the stuff they need to know...10-99 or 10-96 and so on.

My current department tends to use 10-4 and 10-22 (disregard) but for the most part we use plain ol' English and our MCT's.
            Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by Conner View Post
              Is it pretty much the same throughout the country??
              There is not such thing as a "standard" radio code. You'll often see some similarities regionally, but it's not uncommon for two adjacent agencies to use different codes. That's why FEMA advocates plain speech in interagency exercises and incidents.
              Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

I worked for DoD for 2 years, and they used just "plain english". Now that I work for a municipality, I use 10 codes which differ, and I couldn't image going back to plain english...just shortens things up.
                You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

That's funny DOD because to me, saying, 'clear', 'back in' and 'see report' are as short and sweet as you can get. Personally, I hate 10 code or any code.
                  Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

We use plain English, except for using the standard California response codes (Code 1,2,3). However, I think we are the only agency in the free world where Code 7 is anything but lunch. For us, it's a dead body.
                    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Thanks for replies.

Does getting "86'd" mean killed?

Comment

Originally posted by Conner View Post
                        Does getting "86'd" mean killed?
                        Generally speaking, 86ed, means to get kicked out, or banned.
                        "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

I work with several different counties and each has it's own variation. There is no standard.
                          there's always some idiot trying to ice skate up hill

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                            That's funny DOD because to me, saying, 'clear', 'back in' and 'see report' are as short and sweet as you can get. Personally, I hate 10 code or any code.

I can totally understand your point of view but I've been using 10 code since I started. We just started moving toward plain text and it's hard to turn off the 10 codes. I think their are advantages either way. Personally, I'd prefer a national 10-code or at least state standard 10 code so cops can understand each other while still using brevity codes.

Comment

In some areas it isn't even standardized across the county, let alone the country.
                              I miss you, Dave.
                              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4913 users online. 276 members and 4637 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X