300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Carry

What do you normally carry for duty. Any one carry a .357 magnum or .38? Does anyone carry a .45 or is the capacity of the single stack just too small?

Thanks

.40 S&w 4006tsw
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I just switched from carrying a 13 shot, H&K USP .45 to a 9 round, Nighthawk Custom GRP II .45. Why? I guess cause I could! Really, I like the feel of the grips (better fit and Cocobolo wood), the terrific single action trigger and the all steel gun seems to have less felt recoil. I'm carrying it off duty too, having replaced a H&K USP Compact in .40 S&W (13 round). The H&Ks are excellent firearms, but I've always felt very secure carrying a "cocked and locked" .45.
      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Sig Pro P2022 in .357Sig.
        summer - winter - work

Comment

Glock 22/40 cal
          John 3:16

Comment

Glock 23/.40
            The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by Reach_Ray View Post
              What do you normally carry for duty. Any one carry a .357 magnum or .38? Does anyone carry a .45 or is the capacity of the single stack just too small?

Thanks
              I started (1979) with a .38 Special because I didn't know enough to buy a .357 Magnum, graduated to the .357 about two years later, then went to a S&W .45 when my agency transitioned to semi-autos. When I worked in the court and could carry whatever I wanted, I had a Glock 23 .40 .
              Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

I know carry a glock 23/.40 cal on duty, Springfield XD-40 (Sub-compact)/.40 cal off duty, but one of the bigger guys in my dept carries a .44 magnum!
                You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

Sig P220 (.45) & Glock 27 (.40)
                  Patrick
                  Excuses only please the one telling them!

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

Comment

Full size USP .45 for me....

Comment

I carry a Glock 21 with "Robard" grips. A .45 caliber with a 13+1 capacity. That's plenty enough rounds with better stopping power than a .40 caliber. The grip was a little big so I sent it off to be "Robarded." Heck, I'm happy with it!! I carry a Kahr .45 caliber as a back-up and off duty weapon. That's 6+1.

Comment

Glock 22C/27
                        "In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"

Comment

Glock 23, 40cal.

Comment

How often does everyone shoot? Not qualifing for the department, but just shooting. I like to shoot and try to do so at least once a month.
                            Patrick
                            Excuses only please the one telling them!

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

Comment

Started out with a Smith and Wesson Mod. 15 .38 Spl., went to a Beretta 92FS 9mm, and now carry a H&K USP in .45 ACP. Love the USP, great gun.
                              Carpe Noctem

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6065 users online. 344 members and 5721 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X