300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being OC sprayed in Academy.

When the recruits are sprayed in the academy with OC spray, how is this done? Do they have the recruits line up and just spray each of them? I would think if a recruit were to see it coming, they would most likely close their eyes as a natural reaction. Also, at which portion of the Academy does the OC spray usually occur during (DAAT)?

at our academy you had to run a lap (to make you breath heavy). Then they sprayed you and you were required to run an obstical course once sprayed. It was not fun, but it is only one day out of your life. And if you are anything like me it will convince you to never carry that stuff.
    The Republicans need to shrug off this Christian Coalition noose it has placed around its own neck and recognize the fact that, though they may not realize it, the majority of Americans are actually quite libertarian in their philosophy. They also need to learn to fight once in a while. What a bunch of wimps.
    -Neal Boortz

Comment

I am pretty interested in other people's experiences with this as well as I have it coming up for me soon!
      The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

when I got sprayed, they had two guys with large pads trying to beat on you and then try to take your weapon. You have to fend them off and then draw down on them. The final step was successfully holstering your weapon.

Comment

OC Spray

Being sprayed with the OC is part of the certification process. Close your eyes all you want to. That's natural. It also isn't really effective . You will get sprayed, you will feel the effects. The most effective immediate remedy for decontamination, (yah, that's what it's called) is flushing the eyes with copius amounts of water. Usually, in about 30 minutes, the worst of the effects of the spray are over. You'll be breathing quite a bit better, and should be able to drive etc. As soon as you can, shower, and stay in there for a awhile. That helps much. It may take another twenty four to fourty eight hours to be completely free of the effects of the spray. (Itching eyes, minor discomfort around the eyes). You're not going to enjoy being sprayed, you're not supposed to. It won't kill you either.

Comment

Watch the responses of others. They sprayed me 3 times before I had any response, and even then it took about 10 seconds. Had I been 'goal oriented' to take the spray away from the instructor, I certainly could have.
            NOTHING works 100% of the time, on all people. Our policy was no OC unless another officer was ready with deadly force.
            "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
            John Stuart Mill

Comment

They lined us up, sprayed you one at a time, then you had to run to an instructor holding a bag. You had to knee/elbow the instructor until they told you to stop, then call in your star number, location and tell them that you'd been OC'd.
              "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

We werer allowed to close our eyes, pull our lips in and hold our breath before being sprayed. Then you had to go for your hoster and pretend to pull your weapon. Lastly hold your arm out and another cadet would walk you to a makeshift eye wash station.

I would rather be tased again than sprayed.
                illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Don't look into it and don't worry about it.

Anticipating it will probably make it worse. Just line up and take your shot with the rest of them.

It really wasn't that big of a deal. My eyes water and it would make it difficult to take a shot at more than contact range, but other than that it really is no biggie.

Your face will burn, your eyes will water and snot will roll out of your nose. Twenty minutes later I was showered and ready to get something to eat.
                  "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                  8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

You can shut your eyes but when you open them it does no good. They make you run a lap so the stuff willl stick to your face better.

We just spray and get it over with.
                    "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

I just got sprayed and TASERED the same day 2 weeks ago, it was a crappy day. For the spray we we stood infront of the instructor with our eyes closed. He sprayed from ear to ear, had us blink several times then we had to do a little course with 4 stations. Station 1 was strikes either elbow or palm, #2 was ASP strikes, #3 was knee strikes, and station #4 was weapon retention. We had a partner assisting us if we need help like if we were woundering out into the parking lot since you cant see where you are going! Other then that they were not aloud to tell us where the person was that needed to get struck. After that it was decon. Oh it was like 105 that day! Then we went for a little 3/4 -1 mile run with some push-ups, and sit-ups. Thats how it went for us. It sucked casue we got sprayed around 3:30 pm on Friday, I was there at teh academy until like 7 pm! Then the next day I was driving and out of no where my right eye was on fire and I could not open it for a couple of minutes. All in all it wasnt that bad, its just part of the academy game and needs to be done. Dont panic after being sprayed, or walk like Frankinstein.

Comment

We stood in line with a partner. Once our partner was out of the way you are allowed to cover one eye and your nose with one hand. You are allowed to close the other eye, but like stated above it makes zero difference. They then sprayed us from the top of the head, through the eye, down to the chest. After being sprayed we went to four different stations with our partner making sure we didn't do a face plant, to conduct different striking drills. The last stop before being washed off was a high risk arrest technique that sucked because you HAD to open your eyes to do it. It really didn't matter because by this time the stuff had already run into both eyes and was burning like sin. Afterwards you are led to a makeshift water station where they let you try to wash it off. I say try because this stuff sticks to you worse than crazy glue, and any attempts to wash it off only seems to makes it worse. Some people use baby shampoo, or milk....me? I walked around holding my eyes open repeating "Oh God!!". Others just fell to the ground and wriggled in agony. This day will suck but it won't last forever.
                        "When I came home, people often asked me about Iraq, and mostly I told them it wasn't so bad. I didn't know how to explain myself to them. The war really wasn't so bad. Yes, there were bombs and shootings and nervous times, but that was just the job. In fact, going to war is rather easy. You react to situations around you and try not to die. There are no electric bills or car payments or chores around the house. Just go to work, come home alive, and do it again tomorrow." - Brian Mockenhaupt

Comment

Try to be the first one in line to get it!!
                          "When I came home, people often asked me about Iraq, and mostly I told them it wasn't so bad. I didn't know how to explain myself to them. The war really wasn't so bad. Yes, there were bombs and shootings and nervous times, but that was just the job. In fact, going to war is rather easy. You react to situations around you and try not to die. There are no electric bills or car payments or chores around the house. Just go to work, come home alive, and do it again tomorrow." - Brian Mockenhaupt

Comment

Yea be the 1st one in line casue it took me like an hour to open my eyes! The bad part is the instructors are like open your eyes, strobe your eyes, I was like gezzz I am! They dont open! IT was funny how some people lost all their composure! Yea make sure you go first though. make sure you yell Tom Cruise put out the fire! Like in Talladega Nights when Will Farrel is running around on the race track! We had a guy do that it was awesome!

Comment

Some academy instructors are just plain sadistic or immature, and would be better off at Abu Jabib.
                              "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6434 users online. 350 members and 6084 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X