300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you feel, if....?

Given the climate, if a bunch of veterans took it upon themselves to protect a city against looting and savagery on monuments; how would you feel when you had to arrest them?

Arrest them? I don't think that is allowed anymore. Referals to social workers or counselors are probably OK. Group hugs are encouraged. Couple of choruses of Koom-By-Yah while holding hands, maybe taking turns singing the Coca-Cola song.

Arresting someone is not only detrimental to his self-esteem, it always requires violating social distancing standards. There just has to be a better way of showing someone how much we care.

Comment

Someone needs a hug.
      You are a pretty worthless cop, if you ever were one.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        Someone needs a hug.
        You are a pretty worthless cop, if you ever were one.
        He was jokin Coastie, get off your tough guy kick, you're a Coastie, landlocked at best, get over yourself!

Maybe for a change you could answer a straight forward question without red herring everyone on some rabbit hole you OCD'd.

Comment

Not everyone appreciates my sense of humor. As a young man I really wanted to be a comedian, but everybody just laughed, so I had to get a real job instead. Now I'm retired and I can make jokes all I want to.

Of course, there will always be other peoples' children around, but I don't have to accept responsibility for how they were raised.

Comment

Originally posted by that's my hand View Post
            Given the climate, if a bunch of veterans took it upon themselves to protect a city against looting and savagery on monuments; how would you feel when you had to arrest them?
            Why would we arrest someone trying to help protect a city? They've done stuff like this before.

Example:

https://youtu.be/4wmpRHJXz7c

https://youtu.be/0WvMb3mq_EI

Comment

This seems like a baited question, but I don't think it's that hard to answer.

If they were acting within their legal rights: Thank you for your service, carry on.

If they were committing illegal acts: Thank you for your service, watch your head as you sit in the back of my squad.

Comment

I’m no more likely to arrest them than anyone else... and that’s a pretty low probability right now.

The only real difference between a citizen and a cops law enforcement power, technically, in Colorado is that a cop can arrest for a misdemeanor he didn’t witness.

BLM and the rest want community solutions. I’d say a bunch of vets with rifles is a community solution.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Here's some history.
                  https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ors-180974831/

Comment

It was our job to protect and serve the community. If the community decides the police in their community are not doing their job, or need help in doing it, then it is their responsibility to step up and do it themselves. If they decide to do that, you should be standing beside them, or bringing them food and ammo. Just because you are LE, does not mean you are better than the people you swore to protect, or have any more "privilege" than they do. You have the authority to arrest, but they have the right to protect themselves and their communities. There is a big difference between authority and rights.
                    As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

More history
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)
                      As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

To maintain at all times a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and that the public are the police, the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.
                        ultimately We the People decide collectively what kind of law makers, laws and law enforcement we want.

Right now, nobody wants proactive policing. Ok, that’s what they get.

If the average person wants to go out and be the police, more power to them. They have the legal authority, they just have to use it.
                        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3249 users online. 223 members and 3026 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X