300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Internship Dress

I'm a high school student in a magnet-type program at my high school. One of the program requirements is to have an internship between junior and senior year. My school arranged for me to have an internship with my city's police department. I'm assigned to work in the department's academy, but I have no idea what I will be doing. I was planning on wearing a suit and tie until told otherwise. Does this sound OK, or am I overdoing it?

Originally posted by metsfan21 View Post
    I'm a high school student in a magnet-type program at my high school. One of the program requirements is to have an internship between junior and senior year. My school arranged for me to have an internship with my city's police department. I'm assigned to work in the department's academy, but I have no idea what I will be doing. I was planning on wearing a suit and tie until told otherwise. Does this sound OK, or am I overdoing it?
    Better to overdress than underdress.....first impressions are everything....

I would suggest wearing the suit then asking whomever your POC is what they want you to wear the next day and go from there.....

Have fun.....

Comment

Yeah, I got to agree with Bearcat 357 on this one. Overdress at first. I would go all out with the suit and tie. You will quickly learn once you have been there a couple of days what exactly is acceptable.
      [
      "If he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
      "The Man in The Arena"

Comment

Definately agree with both of you, overdressing is the best thing possible in this position as you don't want to rub shoulders the wrong way...good luck with your internship!
        The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4833 users online. 292 members and 4541 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X