Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing departments and off duty carry question

Question?

I am about to leave my dept. for another. I will have do another academy and I am a little worried that I will not be armed off duty. This presents, I feel, a serious problem considering the criminal element I have come in contact with over the years.
    I inquired about getting a carry permit, but it takes 90 days and i will be entering the academy before this time.
    Has anyone else been in this situation? If so what did you do about it?
    Thanks

Well, I'll give you the advise that anyone of my tenure would give you. If it's illegal for you to carry a gun during the academy, don't. Don't get yourself in a jam due to something that "might happen".
    Avoid the areas if you can that the dirtbags hang out at, and ignore them when you come in contact with them.
    Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
    Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

I will be in that situation from July to Dec as I switch departments and I have to attend the 23 week academy even though I am state certified. I have thought about it and I guess I will just have to suck it up. I am not about to go against the new departments policy and I am not going to waste my time and money getting a CCW.
      "In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"

Comment

Changing Departments

Originally posted by 1oldsarge View Post
        Well, I'll give you the advise that anyone of my tenure would give you. If it's illegal for you to carry a gun during the academy, don't. Don't get yourself in a jam due to something that "might happen".
        Avoid the areas if you can that the dirtbags hang out at, and ignore them when you come in contact with them.
        I second the advice "Old Sarge" has given you. You need to follow the policy of the department you're now going to work for. Believe it or not, your situation,(having to go back to an Academy) isn't all that uncommon. Good luck in the Academy, and with your new Department.

Comment

Thanks

What ever the new depts policy is on it I'll fully comply. I just don't like the thought of being without a gun and shield for x-amount of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by bluep7 View Post
            What ever the new depts policy is on it I'll fully comply. I just don't like the thought of being without a gun and shield for x-amount of weeks.
            That sucks, but I would imagine that it is worth it, for a better job I would assume. Deal with it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4340 users online. 307 members and 4033 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X