Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAQROLL, With all do respect, you mention growing wiser and regretting past mistakes, however look again at your original post. You are asking on a public board if its illegal to do something that is clearly dangerous. This is much of why you got the response you did. To most cops, running around in a crowd full of people would be foolish, regardless if its illegal or not. Common sense would say "Hmmm...maybe I should not do this because somebody could get hurt". That shows to me that you would lack much of what is needed to handle what comes at us on the streets....and supports what has been said about not becoming an officer. You may be the nicest and caring person in the world, but it is not somebody I would want as my backup or on my platoon.

Comment

Originally posted by MAQROLL View Post
      This drug policy that prevails among police departments is generally understandable, but surely some flexibility should be afforded to those applicants who are forthright about past mistakes and display an acceptable degree of cognitive reasoning and enthusiasm for pursuing the profession and turning their lives into something more.
      Not going to happen....as I have only seen a handful of departments (mainly on the west coast) that allow for coke use......and I haven't seen a one that allows prior X use.....especially if you have done it within the last two years......

Further....to ask a question such as "Do you think it's ok to light a flare during a celebration and I am around a bunch of drunks" shows that you still have judgement issues......

Good luck.....but you are going to be hard pressed to find any agency that will allow you to join their ranks......

Comment

Well, thanks guys. Overall, most of you have been kind and informative, a couple of others mean spirited and insulting, but what can you do? And Bearcat, I can assure you my critical thinking skills are perfectly honed, despite some past indescretions. Kind of a cheap shot there, pal. But you're probably just mad that Northern Virginia has no sports teams. Unless you count the Orioles as a sports team...

To agree with Bearcat a little....cocaine, X, and habitual drinking within the last couple of years is a little more than an "indiscretion."
        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

By the way, I never bought those flares...and I'm 6 months sober. Go Red Sox.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
            To agree with Bearcat a little....cocaine, X, and habitual drinking within the last couple of years is a little more than an "indiscretion."
            So are four affairs, according to my ex…

Comment

The action of lighting flares may not be illegal (at least not here in Ohio), but any officer will look at your actions as a whole, (running around, drinking/drunk, waving a flare around, hooting and hollering, being obnoxious), as disorderly conduct and a risk to yourself and other's safety. You will probably be arrested.

Flares, as mentined above, burn at very high temperatures, they throw hot sparks and they smoke a lot (making everything smell for a long time). Plan ahead and get some sparklers (assuming they are legal there). Sparklers are safer and cheaper. They also burn out faster then a normal drunks attention span.

As far as sports go:
              GO Tribe (in the race for first)
              GO Cavs (Final four- playing detroit tonight!!!)
              GO Buckeyes - Been there Done that several times
              Go Browns (Okay we're hopeful.)

Comment

I'm a huge Red Sox fan, and when they won the World Series, I was out in the streets whooping it up. People had drums, and whistles. I was going to buy some flares and light them up and just run around with them (carefully of course). How would police react this, typically? Is it illegal? Or discouraged?
                Kind of reminds me of the kid who thought it would be funny to launch a bottle rocket from his arse.

It's on youtube if you're interested.

Illegal? Discouraged? No it's just plain stupid...but hey, we've ALL been to stupid calls.
                This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Six View Post
                  So are four affairs, according to my ex…
                  BWAHAHAH.....good one...
                  I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6208 users online. 360 members and 5848 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X