300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAQROLL View Post
    Thanks for the sarcastic responses and insults. This is the "Ask a cop" section, so that's what I've done, in good faith. It was a fairly lighthearted question, given the context, and I was truly curious about getting some insight from policemen, and maybe even a little sports banter going. Guess not. Thanks alot and have a nice evening.

Are you serious? Did you actually think you would get any positive feedback to your question? I guarantee that you would hurt yourself. Just because you dont like the answers you recieved, doesnt make them wrong. You asked a lighthearted question and receive some lighthearted answers, some insight as you put it, from policemen. What I'm truely curious about is how long it would take before the whole drunken crowd started pounding you into the pavement because you burned everyone.
    John 3:16

Comment

Most of my 5.11 uniform pants have burn marks on the bottom from kicking flares out. That's just a swift kick to one of the flares... imagine your hand after carrying the thing around. At least wear gloves if you're going to do it.

Comment

I've stopped using them except at fatality scenes. I've lost some great uniforms because of those things I use my huge traffic cones now. I've got three of them that barely fit in my trunk.
        I never kick them. I pick them up (gently) and toss them against the curb. That usually puts them out. But if they're almost out... then I just leave them there.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Originally posted by firestone88 View Post
          I'm guessing you don't have much experience with road flares. Fair enough- you'll learn.
          Or world series championships!
          "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Originally posted by irishdep View Post
            Or world series championships!
            Wow!!!!Low Blow The Marlins have 2, and they barely have any local support

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Perhaps this is me....but I think I figured out where his problem is at when it comes to critical thinking skills....and/or the lack of them......

-I've used my credit card to gamble online

-Drug use--Pot coke, and exctasy, as recently as 2 years ago. Some excessive drinking.

is resorting to lying on the polygraph useless?

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...92&postcount=1
              Last edited by Bearcat357; 05-25-2007, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Well since I'm a Yankee fan it's very illegal and you will goto jail for a long time

Comment

Yes if you had a road flare and were running around with it around a crowd of people and many business's and residents nearby (if you are drunk that just makes it worse for you ) you will be arrested for disorderly conduct. A road flare burns at nearly 800 degrees if it comes into contact with clothing, skin, a building, etc it will burn. A road flare is for signalling for help not for parties. Try using a light stick, the ones you bend then light up for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanG View Post
                    I've stopped using them except at fatality scenes. I've lost some great uniforms because of those things I use my huge traffic cones now. I've got three of them that barely fit in my trunk.
                    I never kick them. I pick them up (gently) and toss them against the curb. That usually puts them out. But if they're almost out... then I just leave them there.
                    They call me to handle the traffic control at most injury accidents. I keep 20 cones in my truck, but sometimes I don't have enough, and have to resort to using flares. For whatever reason, I'm the only person I know that wears work gloves when lighting flares... I've learned my lesson before, and don't want to deal with that again!!

Comment

Well, thanks guys. Overall, most of you have been kind and informative, a couple of others mean spirited and insulting, but what can you do? And Bearcat, I can assure you my critical thinking skills are perfectly honed, despite some past indescretions. Kind of a cheap shot there, pal. But you're probably just mad that Northern Virginia has no sports teams. Unless you count the Orioles as a sports team...

Comment

You are quite welcome
                        "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

And Bearcat, I can assure you my critical thinking skills are perfectly honed, despite some past indescretions.
                          Not from what you posted.....as I damn sure wouldn't hire you as a LEO....and I am thinking there are a lot of other folks that won't either...

Kind of a cheap shot there, pal.
                          The truth hurts........if you have thin skin on a internet board.....you aren't going to make it on the road....but you will never get there for using coke 2 years ago.....

But you're probably just mad that Northern Virginia has no sports teams. Unless you count the Orioles as a sports team...
                          Nope.....I don't give two craps about NVA not having sports teams because I'm not from here.....nor do I plan on being here for the rest of my life.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                            Not from what you posted
                            (This is your subjective opinion)

.....as I damn sure wouldn't hire you as a LEO

(That's fine, you'll have passed on a guy that would have excelled in the field if given the chance, and based on just local Boston area police scandals, there are a good number of "critical thinkers" who you may have done backflips to hire, who end up selling drugs, doing drugs, running prostitute rings, stealing evidence, intimidating witnesses, assaulting civilians, planting evidence, etc.)

...and I am thinking there are a lot of other folks that won't either...

It's done and dusted, my questions regarding my drug use have been answered respectfully, and I've moved on.

The truth hurts........if you have thin skin on a internet board

I'm just calling you out for a cheap shot; thin skin would be shutting off my computer and crying into my cocoa.

.....you aren't going to make it on the road....but you will never get there for using coke 2 years ago.....

And the daily booze barage that cops engage in doesn't effect their mental faculties...I fact, thats a whole other discussion. 600 people die in drunk driving accidents every day in the US. How many were due to coke, pot or exctasy. As police, PLEASE acknowledge that booze is a far worse scourge on society than pot or coke. You must know that, right?

Nope.....I don't give two craps about NVA not having sports teams because I'm not from here.....nor do I plan on being here for the rest of my life.....
                            Fair enough, I've no problem with that.

I may be flawed, and done some regrettable things, but if you were dug in a fox hole with me, you'd have an ally defending our ground to the end. That's my measure of "critical thinking."

Comment

I may be flawed, and done some regrettable things, but if you were dug in a fox hole with me, you'd have an ally defending our ground to the end. That's my measure of "critical thinking."
                              Problem is that you will never get that far (as in being my "back-up") in LE or the Military....as we/they don't take folks that have snorted coke.....have used X.....have drank excessively or have gambling problems......especially since some of it has happened within the last couple of years.......

Comment

I understand that based on my past indescretions, I will not have the opportunity to serve as a police officer; a regrettable thing, because I would have dedicated my life to being the best officer I could be, and would have made sure I did my department and fellow officers proud. I come from a family of cops and servicemen. People make mistakes, but those mistakes do not automatically render one useless, even in a law enforcement capacity. My mistakes, if anything, have given me the insight to understand that when opportunities come around, especially as you get older, you appreciate those chances, and in turn make the most of them. This drug policy that prevails among police departments is generally understandable, but surely some flexibility should be afforded to those applicants who are forthright about past mistakes and display an acceptable degree of cognitive reasoning and enthusiasm for pursuing the profession and turning their lives into something more positive. That's an essential element of the American philosophy: Improving yourself and striving to be better even under adverse conditions-societal, financial, beurocratic (this instance), and otherwise.
                                Last edited by MAQROLL; 05-27-2007, 06:18 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6484 users online. 368 members and 6116 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X