300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVOC - Police Academy

I'm just curious how difficult the driving portion of the police academy was for all of you LEO's? Did you have people that failed that area or the firearms portion? Is there anyway to prepare for the EVOC testing?

Best way to prepare for EVOC is just pay attention in class. Its taught in a crawl, walk, run format. You shouldn't have any problems unless driving is something that is foreign to you to begin with.
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

honestly- one word in the end: FUN
      Updated on: 12/28/09

Comment

It was the best part of the college.....also the part that had the mst failures...But since we all had to be hired to attend those that failed mostly got more practice..

Cervelo

Comment

I am the current record holder for the greatest number of orange cones knocked down/run over during the high speed backing portion of EVOC at the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center. I am sure that my record will continue to stand for years to come. Other than that EVOC can be a lot of fun and a great learning experience.
          never forget: www.odmp.org

"In peace time our best still don battledress and lay their lives on the line"

Comment

I hated Evoc. Didnt think it was fun at all. No failures though, had great instructors.

Tactics had the most failures.

To not fail firearms, just remember DRY practice everyday. KEY WORD IS DRY !!! Always make sure that gun is unloaded when you do.

P.S.

If you get carsick, take less drowsy dramamine the night before you have evoc.

**I just noticed the huge banner at the top regarding getting banned. I've been through and completed a Police Academy so please dont ban me. Just delete my post if its not allowed**
            Last edited by Biz_mikee; 05-23-2007, 11:51 PM.
            There are no angels to testify to crimes committed in hell.

Comment

Just pay attention during instruction and you'll be fine. It's supposed to be a fun block of instruction. Have fun. Think of it this way....At least youre not getting OC sprayed today. I hope.
              John 3:16

Comment

I've been through both LAPD and LASD EVOC courses. I had a BLAST at each one. The best one (most comprehensive and fun) was LAPD's course. I'm a car guy. I have a bunch of Mustangs, which I show and legally drag race at the track. So, a road course is naturally gonna float my boat. If I could do it again, I would do it on my own time!

Comment

Vehicle Opps

I instruct the NJ version of this course and have done so since 1995 when it first became part of academy training. In fact I'm now a senior instructor and it's considered the best part of academy training by a majority of the recruits.

We work with people until they get it....the failure rate doesn't even register in comparsion to firearms or PT.

We do six component exercises then a cumlative course that is timed and required that no cones be hit.

Comment

Easily the best part of the academy( firearms is great also). Everyday afterwards,we all sat back and said " I can't believe we are getting paid for this"

Drive it like you stole it
                    Leave Space Empty

Comment

EVOC is great. It's one of the better parts of the academy, right up there with firearms. We didn't lose anyone to EVOC, so it won't be a problem for you unless of course.. you've never driven a car before.
                      sigpic

Comment

Drive fast, hit a few cones, do a few push-ups....that is what EVOC is about!
                        there's always some idiot trying to ice skate up hill

Comment

There have been times that have created grief, as when a recruit rolls a cruiser in the 180 turn during the pursuit portion, or funny, when one fully loses control in the skid pan and does several 360s.
                          "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5937 users online. 335 members and 5602 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X