300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike/ATV Cops

Just wondering if there are any Bike cops here. I live in chicago and was curious about the pros and cons of being a bike cop. I see them alot here in chicago usually on the beach or down town.

me... there is another one around here for sure... sameish user name
    Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

I am. I love it. We don't always ride bikes. Depending on the day we're on a bike, walking, or in a cruiser. We get to do pretty much whatever we want. It's great to be proactive and have the freedom to do it. I don't know what it's like with other depts though. Cons of riding a bike is after 15 hours on one, it hurts.

Comment

Hang tight, Young Grasshopper.. You got some time in the academy and beat car before even thinking about a unit...

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
          Hang tight, Young Grasshopper.. You got some time in the academy and beat car before even thinking about a unit...
          I thought about that after I posted. It doesn't happen overnight.

Comment

I have been a bike patrol officer for 8 years now. We ride all year even in the winter. I enjoy it besides you are getting paid to workout.
            The Thin Blue Line!

Comment

I enjoy it, getting paid to exercise.... And alot of proactive work. When we do get on bike, we dont have to take as many calls and can focus on the specific problem area. I work nights, and the bad guys dont see us as well when we ride up on bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                LOL I guess your right. thanks for the info everyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6005 users online. 343 members and 5662 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X