Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to ask a person in a managerial position 8 questions for a class project

I need to ask a person in a managerial position that works in the criminal justice field 8 questions for a class project. By managerial position, I just mean anybody that looks over or supervises other people. This might include a sergeant, a shift supervisor, ect. I have to write a 2000 word paper on the questions and do a presentation on them as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Eavery1997 View Post
    I need to ask a person in a managerial position that works in the criminal justice field 8 questions for a class project. By managerial position, I just mean anybody that looks over or supervises other people. This might include a sergeant, a shift supervisor, ect. I have to write a 2000 word paper on the questions and do a presentation on them as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Nobody's gonna answer your question here. You need to actually put in the work on this, as opposed to just posting your question online and letting us do your work for you. Get off your butt, go to your local police department, and ask to speak to someone in those roles.

Comment

Contact your local police agency and schedule an interview with a command officer or supervisor.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

Nobody's gonna answer your question here. You need to actually put in the work on this, as opposed to just posting your question online and letting us do your work for you. Get off your butt, go to your local police department, and ask to speak to someone in those roles.
        The class is required for graduation, so there are a lot of people in it. Every one of these people is required to do this project and two people can't interview the same person. You might see where I'm going with this. I would much rather just do research for this project, but the professor said I needed a name behind it. I'm not asking anyone to do the work for me. I will be writing the paper. I will be making the presentation. All I'm asking for is to glean a bit of managerial wisdom off someone with experience so I can even start to complete this project.

Comment

Well, I was respectful and I didn't feel like I was asking for that much. There isn't much more I can do than that. All I'm going to say is that this is a bad look and leave it at that.

Comment

You are asking for data via the Internet from sources you can’t verify instead of actually conducting interviews.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Well, I was respectful and I didn't feel like I was asking for that much. There isn't much more I can do than that. All I'm going to say is that this is a bad look and leave it at that.
              you being lazy isn't our fault
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• Aidokea
                Aidokea commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, brother- that saved me the time of having to type that...

Well, I was respectful and I didn't feel like I was asking for that much. There isn't much more I can do than that.
              There IS something more that you can do- you can actually DO the work that you've been assigned- you can go and actually interview police supervisors and police managers.

As CCCSD pointed out, just because you ask a question on the internet, does not mean that you're going to get an accurate answer. For example, when you ask on the internet about the history of the Ku Klux Klan, most people will fail to mention that the Ku Klux Klan was founded by the Democrats.

Comment

The pure LAZINESS of today’s youth is appalling.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

If you post the 8 questions, I'll answer like a manager.

Example:

Q: How would you handle a situation where a rank and file person reports a grossly unfit supervisor?

A: First, it's amusing they think we care, but to answer your question, I would tell that person that if they have any sort of problem with their boss, THEY are the problem.

You will have the most accurate term paper in your class.
                  Deputy: It's a mess, ain't it, sheriff?

Sheriff: If it ain't, it'll do 'til the mess gets here..

No Country For Old Men

Comment

What’s your questions?
                    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Former GSP "Col." Mark McDonough might like the attention. Especially if it's about poor management, throwing the rank and file under the buss, on the world news and giving those in leadership positions a pass.

The professor that gave this assignment must be an @sshole. Imagine a busy department having to answer phone calls and walk ins from a couple of dozen or more college students for an UNDERGRADUATE term paper.

Comment

The professor that gave this assignment must be an @sshole. Imagine a busy department having to answer phone calls and walk ins from a couple of dozen or more college students for an UNDERGRADUATE term paper.
                        Exactly.

College profs often live in their little academic cocoons where the real world is a place beneath them, a lower plane of reality to be researched and written about. I once took a leadership class and the weekly assignments were to go interview people in positions of power... business owners, clergy, local politicians, etc. These were busy people with lots on their plates and the last thing they needed was some pesky college kid wanting a half hour to ask cookie cutter questions about their leadership philosophies....
                        Deputy: It's a mess, ain't it, sheriff?

Sheriff: If it ain't, it'll do 'til the mess gets here..

No Country For Old Men

Comment

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."

--George Bernard Shaw, accurately describing the intellectual vacuum of upper academia.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post

Exactly.

College profs often live in their little academic cocoons where the real world is a place beneath them, a lower plane of reality to be researched and written about. I once took a leadership class and the weekly assignments were to go interview people in positions of power... business owners, clergy, local politicians, etc. These were busy people with lots on their plates and the last thing they needed was some pesky college kid wanting a half hour to ask cookie cutter questions about their leadership philosophies....
                            Yes, and the product of their indoctrina...err..."influence", is countless numbers of those who hold an absolutely useless masters degree, a massive amount of college debt that they will not live long enough to repay, and are stocking shelves in supermarkets on the graveyard shift for minimum wage.
                            Last edited by Aidokea; 03-08-2020, 03:09 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7624 users online. 412 members and 7212 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X