Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there sobritey tests for marijuana....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there sobritey tests for marijuana....

My roommate says that it is impossible to tell if someone is under the influence of marijuana. I disagree. I believe that there exists some sort of sobriety test to see if someone is under the influence of marijuana. We just want to settle an argument.

So is it possbile to give someone a field sobriety test to see if they are under the influence of marijuana?

Yes, there are tests that can indicate impairment on any drug, not just marijuana. It's called the DRE (Drug Recognition Expert) protocols. I routinely arrest people for Operating a Motor Vehicle while under the influence of marijuana. And frankly, most high people are pretty easy to pick out of the crowd.
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

There is something called a nystagmus test( don't quote me on the spelling). It's an involuntary eye movement that we can test for.
      "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

You got the spelling right Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by irishdep View Post
          There is something called a nystagmus test( don't quote me on the spelling). It's an involuntary eye movement that we can test for.
          Its called "HGN" and "VGN" ( horizontal and vertical gaze nystagmus) people under the influence of an intoxicating substance-those who have no other physical deformaties- tend to show this .its basically lack of smooth motion of your eyes ability to "track" a moving object as the intoxicating substance is having an effect on the motor sytems of your body ( the movement of the eyes is jittery ).MJ also dialates the blood vessels and slows pupilary response to light.and THC-the active ingredient in MJ doesn't leave the blood or urinary system as soon as most think,so collection of it is what is best for evidence.Most people think they can just "Refuse" and get away ,but when you get a drivers' license,you give up that right,and there is often a stiffer penalty as your are warned that refusal could result in mandatory fine and imprisonment,as well as the fact that your refusal was a "conscious admition of guilt"......
          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

HGN and VGN is the inability to keep the eyes from "bouncing back" to center when looking to the sides or up/down. The more intoxicated, the less they can look to the sides (most intoxicants) or up/down (PCP) without the eyeballs bouncing. The other as you described is called "lack of smooth pursuit" for obvious reasons.

Comment

Just hold a twinkie in front of their face. If they snatch it immediately, they are high as a kite.
              Nemo me impune lacessit.

Comment

Originally posted by etamante View Post
                Just hold a twinkie in front of their face. If they snatch it immediately, they are high as a kite.
                LOL
                "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Originally posted by etamante View Post
                  Do not use this test. Too many false positives. I'd fail it every time!
                  "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

The rhomberg test is another good one.

The FST's are not all we need to get a DUI conviction. There are plenty of other clues out there to indicate impairment. I'm not going to divulge all of them here, but if you're high as a kite and driving, you will eventually be arrested, not only for DUI, but possession as well (obviously). Those who smoke weed and drive are retarded. I can smell (burnt) marijuana 50ft from the car, so if you get stopped, you're pretty much screwed.
                    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5809 users online. 331 members and 5478 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X