300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bicyclists in the street

I was just wondering what you guys think about people who decide to ride their bikes in the street. Personally, I can't stand when I'm driving in rush hour traffic and some biker decides to just ride right in my blind spot. I see a lot of them pull out into the middle of the road and go through red lights, along with numerous other stupid things. I just want to see some perspectives from LE.

Bicyclists should ride only on the outer edge of the lane of travel and should follow all traffic rules, including traffic control devices. In most jurisdictions, it's illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalks. Unfortunately, many bicyclists are very unsafe, ignoring traffic rules and assuming that they're some kind of two-wheeled pedestrian who always has the righ of way.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

They are a vehicle just like your car, and as long as they follow the rules I have no problem with them. If they're doing good, trying to keep right, stopping at red lights, all of that stuff, it's good to go. If they're running red lights and the such, they get tickets just like you would.

Comment

In TN bicycle riders have the same right to a lane of traffic that a car has except on controlled access roads (interstates etc.) It can't take too long to pass a cyclist, just share the road and go on with your day.
        10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime. (SgtScott31 jacked this from me, I had it first, but no hard feelings.)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3432 users online. 173 members and 3259 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X