Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whre will you not take your gun?

This question was started during discussion i had with come friends

Off Duty cops generally carry a sidearm, but in what situations will a off duty cop not be allowed to carry?

here are some situations where we didnt know the answer

1) while flying domestically can you take a sidearm on board? (bruce willis does, not that thats a reason to do anything)

2) at MLB / NFL games?

3) concerts?

What do you guys think/know?

only when I am out pounding beers
    Leave Space Empty

Comment

Hmmm, think about this. Should we post on a public forum where we do not carry weapons?
      "Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."
      John Adams, April 15, 1814

Comment

Originally posted by biggesto View Post
        Hmmm, think about this. Should we post on a public forum where we do not carry weapons?
        I lol'ed

to answer one part...only bruce willis would get through airport security with a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by GPOC View Post
          only when I am out pounding beers
          That's the only time! No sheep here!
          "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Transitioning from bedroom to bathroom, bathroom to kitchen, etc...
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

To bed...totally kills the mood
              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

But the smell of hoppe's

Nevermind
                It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

And the lube effect of gun oil.......................

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                    To bed...totally kills the mood
                    did you not see that scene in police academy where the oriental and the blonde were stripping each other of their artillary? it didn't stop them.. and at the end there was a small dog pile of guns! mood killer? nahhh...

Comment

If I decide to take my Glock home from the station, it's always within' arms reach...even when I'm sleeping upside down from the roof of my neighbour's ceiling.

Bottom line, it's close...

Comment

Originally posted by Irishluck31 View Post
                        But the smell of hoppe's

Nevermind
                        Hopes? Hers or yours?
                        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishluck31 View Post
                          But the smell of hoppe's

Nevermind
                          Ah, good ole Number 9, the finest cologne ever produced.
                          Originally posted by kontemplerande
                          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

TO: Smurfette_76 re: to clarify HOPPE's

The Frank A. Hoppe Company was founded in 1903 by Frank August Hoppe. Born in 1875, Mr. Hoppe early on developed an interest in three specialties: sports, chemistry and soldiering. He successfully followed all three throughout his life, and by the time of his death in 1921, the Hoppe name had become known worldwide.

As a young man, he developed an interest in sports, especially target shooting and hunting. He was a pioneer member of the National Rifle Association, becoming a Life Member in 1912. Mr. Hoppe studied chemistry in school, and pursued a career in the field upon his graduation. His career was interrupted in 1895 at age 19, when he enlisted in the U.S. Army and served in the Spanish-American War in 1898.

His interest in the military continued after the War's end, and while he resumed his career as an industrial chemist, he also served in the Pennsylvania National Guard with the rank of Captain.

During the early years of the twentieth century, smokeless powder began to replace the old black powder; and all ammunition was so extremely corrosive that the cleaning of a firearm was a long, tedious task. Mr. Hoppe began to explore combinations of chemicals to simplify the dirty job of cleaning rifle bores. His aim was to develop a product that would remove all primer, powder, lead and metal fouling from the rifle bore; while at the same time protecting it from rust.

His experiments eventually led him to perfect the combination of nine chemicals that was to become known as Hoppe's Nitro Powder Solvent No. 9. Mr. Hoppe began to manufacture No. 9 in the shed behind his home, and in no time at all, the shooting world was beating a path to his door. The formula has remained unchanged (and a closely guarded secret) to this day, no small tribute to the thoroughness of Mr. Hoppe's work.

Mr. Hoppe's achievement was recognized with a signal honor in 1982, when he was elected to the Sporting Goods Hall of Fame. There, he is joined by two other Brunswick legends: Company founder John Brunswick and R.D. Hull, whose invention of the spincast reel revolutionized the fishing industry.

Building upon the foundation provided by No. 9, Hoppe's has over the years expanded its reach into a wide range of shooting accessories. Some of its principal products today are gun cleaning kits; which typically include such items as rifle or pistol rods, No. 9 solvent, lubricating oil, patches and brushes.

Other well accepted products that have been added to the Hoppe's line over the past several decades are Protecto cases, shooting glasses, sound mufflers, clay target throwers and black powder products. (Black powder products are favored by history buffs and hobbyists who own muzzle loading rifles of the type that were used centuries ago, and who frequently employ them in re-enactments of Civil War battles and other military encounters.)
                            "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

*throwing my arm around grumpy* Dayum, what is it about Irishmen around here? I know we're kinfolk and all, but jeez....LOL I was making a play on words with regards to the Hoppes/hopes thing. I would suggest however that you either have way too much time on your hands or you're far to interested in bore cleaning chemicals and their history
                              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6340 users online. 378 members and 5962 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X