Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you give tickets or have a problem with no front license plate?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you give tickets or have a problem with no front license plate?

im in LA and 80% of the cars in the street have no front license plate. so i would think cops have no problem with that. but then yesterday the parking enforcement, stops behind my parked car and gives me a warning, he says i have 3 weeks to get holes drilled in front of my car and put the plate there.

i just want to know if cops give tickets for not having a front license plate. i have to goto the DMV to show them i have a front license plate which i was told to do, to make them happy and let me go. when i get home i want to take it off, and cover up the holes, to me a front plate just ruins the whole look of the car

Damian...if its the law, you can be ticketed for it. It is something officers in our agency write tickets for.

I do have a question for you. Why would you repair your car...get the ticket taken care of...and then remove the front plate? I know you said its because it ruins the look of the car but have you ever considered that its the law?

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
      Damian...if its the law, you can be ticketed for it. It is something officers in our agency write tickets for.

I do have a question for you. Why would you repair your car...get the ticket taken care of...and then remove the front plate? I know you said its because it ruins the look of the car but have you ever considered that its the law?
      since ive had my car for the last 8 months ive must have passed about 50 cops driving towards me who clearly seen no license plate. Even when i went on a "ride along" with a sergeant he seen the front of my car and said nothing about it. are parking enforcement the only people who do something about it?

Comment

Yup...that's the law in California. Front and rear plates are required. You may never be cited for not having a front plate, but it ALWAYS gives an officer probable cause to stop you. It's obviously not at the top of the list of priorities, but I've known officers who DO cite for things like that.

Comment

I have written parking cites for no front plate (although many years ago). I still would if someone failes the Adam-Henry test or for traffic stop probable cause.

Do I have front plates on my cars? No. Hyprocritical? Yes. So what, y que. Sue me.

EDJ
          "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

I write it on a fairly regular basis here. I had one person so bold as to ask, "don't you think this is kind of a bull**** ticket?" He's lucky I didn't decide to find him a few more bull**** tickets.

Comment

ummm...is LA Los Angeles, Lower Alabama or Louisana?
              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

No Front License Plate

Damian, California requires that you display both a front and rear license plate. If you refuse, or fail to display a front plate, or for that matter, a rear plate, you are subject to a citation. In Alabama, only one plate is required. That is the case in a few other Southern states as well.

Comment

With the rise in red light cameras, the front plate cite is getting more popular in Calif, particularly in the Los Angeles area. Put on the plate if you don't want stopped.

Comment

it's not a big deal to not have a front plate, but as others have said, the law requires a front and rear plate. you can be stopped. when i was in field training and had to practice car stops, guess which one was the easiest to find? and i was forced to write the ticket for reps! i wrote about 30 just for not having front plates in a six week period.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                      ummm...is LA Lower Alabama ?
                      Bahahahahahahahaha.....I haven't heard that used in years.....

One of my Army buddies would tell folks he was from LA.....and most of them thought Cali not Lower Alabama......

Comment

front plates

With the advent of the plate reading cars and of course my trusty laser, yes you do need to put that front plate on and don't put a clear cover over it. If I don't get you before 1000 feet and you have no front plate, your going to be issued a ticket for the plate violation.

Comment

Have any of you received any flak from people you have stopped who own vehicles which appear not to have the provisions to attach a front plate?

What do you tell them?

What about displaying the front plate on the dashboard so that it is visible through the windshield?

The Chevrolet Corvette, Camaro, and Pontiac Firebird come to mind, among a few others. Especially from the Early 1980's to the present. It seems to me because it is California State Law to display a front plate and if I were to own one of those cars that I would ensure that the dealer provide me with the proper hardware to attach one. If buying new, at no cost. I don't care if they have to replace the entire front bumper cover with one that will accept a license plate. It seems that the GM dealers in this state have been letting quite a few cars go off the lot without the proper equipment. If buying used, I would find a way of attaching one regardless of how it made the car look.

I am sure there are other states as well, that require a front plate.
                          www.ldscops.com

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres PD.
                          In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres PD.

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17539

Comment

California law says you gotta have a front plate. So, vehicle manufacturers include, at no extra cost, brackets for said plates. If a Vette owner needs a plate, all they gotta do is go to the local Chebby stealership and get one. Same with Pontiac, Honda, and of course the ever popular Kia.

Comment

just reading the thread and wondering.... if a person whos state requires only rear plates goes into a state that requires front and back. Can they be ticketed??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5684 users online. 326 members and 5358 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X