300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• before or after academy?

if you were sworn in before the academy, did you get your badge/ID and equipment before the academy (on the sworn in date) or after the academy (graduation date)? just curious how different departments operate. thanks in advance for the info.
    Last edited by national; 05-17-2007, 12:32 PM.

eeeeek man, it's "were" not was sworn in...

I was sworn in about two months prior to my academy date, and received all my goodies there abouts. While I waited for my class to start, I worked OTS as a jailer, dispatcher and front desk officer.
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

yeah i just caught that. thanks. i think i was typing "to" fast. hahah

Did they issue you your firearm as well or were you issued your firearm after being certified? I have two friends who went through an academy, one was issued before and one was issued after. Thanks.

Comment

Before or after Academy

In common with many agencies, Alabama Department of Public Safety does not swear Officers in until the completion of the Academy. Firearms are issued prior to instruction and qualification, but keep in mind that the Alabama DPS Academy is a "live-in" military style Academy. The answer to your question will vary from agency to agency.

Comment

I was not sworn in until I completed the academy. I was issued my gun in the 2nd month of training during the firearms block but was not allowed to carry it until sworn in.

Comment

I got my badge today. The academy starts in July sometime. As far as equipment, they are giving us our guns later. We got the case for the asp and pepper spray but don't get them until we are certified. Tomorrow I measure for my vest and belt not sure when I will get those. I am assigned to dispatch which is where I have been for the last 15 months.

Comment

We were sworn in, and issued Badge, Hatpiece, Fiorearm, and Duty holster. We went to the range and shot immediately to make sure the guns were fucntional, and noone had any glaring problems, then we turned everything in. Badges were issued back before our first day at the academy, Guns were re-issued when we went to the range (We kept them after that), and so-on.

Comment

I was issue dmy uniforms, boots, duty belt, all my gadgets and my vehicle on day one. I was worn in on day two or three (I don;t recall which). They got me to the range within a week, and qualified, and they issued me my sidearm. That was last November, I'm slated for the road school (the academy) in July.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3966 users online. 245 members and 3721 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X