Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intimate Partner Violence / NYPD

Hi,

I write this ashamed and not knowing where to turn for help. I am formerly incarcerated with a track record of mental health hospitalizations. I at the present moment am without the capability to be taken seriously by local police due to my past and am in need of help. Having so many blemishes against me, I am fighting a losing battle in family court to be able to spend time with my son outside of the supervised visits granted by the court. I have in the past been slapped across the face, called out of my name, hit with pillows while sleeping, financially abused without finances to move, made through coercion while under heavy medication engage in unprotected sex under the ruse of birth control being taken. I have been provoked time and again to make me look unstable and show aggression around my partner's friends, family, and unsuspecting public, I have been made an accomplice to housing fraud, welfare fraud, domestic violence fraud committed by another party, and unemployment abuse. As my partner has law enforcement allies, I am without a clear pathway to see justice served and to be provided proper closure and redemptive results.
    As a result of what I have endured, and collateral consequences of incarceration I am currently on disability, and unable to pay for a capable/credible lawyer and supervising visit agency. I am broken-hearted, without peace and in constant emotional pain, as I have had to walk away from my son which having been raised by a single mother is quite soul-crushing. I have obtained DV/IPV-specific counseling, but dropped out once seeing my partner in Family Court, I say that to say, how can I get connected to the NYPD Domestic Violence Unit and would they take a man's complaint seriously.

Local battered woman’s clinic?

Comment

Most of what you write does not make sense. You just walk into your local precinct and ask to speak to the DV detectives/officers. Family Court judges must have some reason to only allow supervised visits with your child. You can appeal that decision if you believe it is incorrect. The LAS attorneys and court appointed attorneys that work in NYC Family Courts are very experienced and well versed in handling cases such as yours.

Comment

Fix your mental health issues first. There’s a REASON you have court ordered visitation.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I'm guessing all you have to do is call them. You also need to find out which social services agency near you provides mental health counseling.

Comment

Originally posted by civilian1981 View Post
            Hi,

I write this ashamed and not knowing where to turn for help. I am formerly incarcerated with a track record of mental health hospitalizations. I at the present moment am without the capability to be taken seriously by local police due to my past and am in need of help. Having so many blemishes against me, I am fighting a losing battle in family court to be able to spend time with my son outside of the supervised visits granted by the court. I have in the past been slapped across the face, called out of my name, hit with pillows while sleeping, financially abused without finances to move, made through coercion while under heavy medication engage in unprotected sex under the ruse of birth control being taken. I have been provoked time and again to make me look unstable and show aggression around my partner's friends, family, and unsuspecting public, I have been made an accomplice to housing fraud, welfare fraud, domestic violence fraud committed by another party, and unemployment abuse. As my partner has law enforcement allies, I am without a clear pathway to see justice served and to be provided proper closure and redemptive results.
            As a result of what I have endured, and collateral consequences of incarceration I am currently on disability, and unable to pay for a capable/credible lawyer and supervising visit agency. I am broken-hearted, without peace and in constant emotional pain, as I have had to walk away from my son which having been raised by a single mother is quite soul-crushing. I have obtained DV/IPV-specific counseling, but dropped out once seeing my partner in Family Court, I say that to say, how can I get connected to the NYPD Domestic Violence Unit and would they take a man's complaint seriously.
            Paragraphs, dudette...paragraphs...

Comment

First and foremost you have to be honest.

Courts restrict parenting rights, such as requiring supervised visitation, for reasons.

If you believe you're the victim of a domestic assault, call the police and report it.

Anyone who has done this job for more than 5 minutes knows that criminals are victims of crime just like anyone else.

Just because you were convicted of X doesn't mean you aren't a victim of Y.

That said, just like when you were convicted of whatever you did, there has to be evidence. You do have to overcome the fact that you have a possible ulterior motive for accusing your partner of committing a crime against you... and even if that weren't the case there needs to be evidence that a crime occurred, that you're the victims and that a particular person committed the crime. Your say-so alone probably isn't going to cut it.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14404 users online. 396 members and 14008 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X