300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice About Reporting Neighborhood Meth Labs in Maricopa County

My husband and I lived in O.C. CA until 2012 when we became old enough to retire to AZ. The meth labs were so bad in CA we thought living in a senior community in AZ would give us a fighting chance. Well, it seems it’s just as bad here or maybe worse. This is our 2nd home in AZ in a gated community. We had to move from our 1st one when the meth fumes were so bad, they triggered our in-house gas detector in the middle of the night. The guy next door at our present location - let’s call him Melvin - and his wife are professional cooks/dealers. They supply the neighborhood with all the meth they want and probably on the streets outside the complex. I suspect they have converted the back of their garage into a lab closed off to the rest of the house and the rest of the garage. Melvin has a front business - handyman. His wife is a professional spender and is his associate in the meth biz. We keep hoping they will move, but they never do. What is different this year from years past is they have a product they spray that COMPLETELY ELIMINATES the meth lab fumes when they cook or when they use. So, if they suspect they’ve been made - and they know we’re wise - they just spray away and no more smell. Literally. No smell - NOTHING. I witnessed that first hand when I caught them one morning. The lab smell dissipated totally within 15 seconds. So, if someone like me reports them, they have enough eyes throughout the community (maybe even the $13/hour guard on night shift at the gate) that will tip them off and they start spraying. Cops come, no smell, egg all over my face and no more credibility. I would contact the HOA, or security or neighborhood watch about this, but I know there are members of those who are cooks and users themselves and have infiltrated their ranks. There are others in the area that also cook and as the Melvins’ become more successful with their cooks, there will be more residents getting into the game. Actually, they've already started. Officers, our health is being seriously affected and we don’t want to move a third time. We are the law abiding citizens and good neighbors who just want to live in peace.

• Should we contact and meet personally with an investigator/detective in the Maricopa County Sheriff’s office? AZ State Police?

• Can we maintain an anonymous informant status if we do?

• We would be willing to have L.E. use our house in ANY way - even occupying our home if necessary or installing sensors or cameras. Is this commonly done during investigations?

• Is L.E. reluctant to enter a gated community and prefer the HOA deal with things?

• We do not associate with any neighbors because we do not know who we can trust. I confided in a neighbor back in CA and it turned out he was one of the neighborhood lookouts. So… please don’t suggest we get some neighbors together and complain.

• Should we provide a statement for L.E. telling them what we know for fact - and what we suspect?

Please Officers. We need some solid direction quick. Thanks.

Originally posted by narcolicious View Post
    My husband and I lived in O.C. CA until 2012 when we became old enough to retire to AZ. The meth labs were so bad in CA we thought living in a senior community in AZ would give us a fighting chance. Well, it seems it’s just as bad here or maybe worse. This is our 2nd home in AZ in a gated community. We had to move from our 1st one when the meth fumes were so bad, they triggered our in-house gas detector in the middle of the night. The guy next door at our present location - let’s call him Melvin - and his wife are professional cooks/dealers. They supply the neighborhood with all the meth they want and probably on the streets outside the complex. I suspect they have converted the back of their garage into a lab closed off to the rest of the house and the rest of the garage. Melvin has a front business - handyman. His wife is a professional spender and is his associate in the meth biz. We keep hoping they will move, but they never do. What is different this year from years past is they have a product they spray that COMPLETELY ELIMINATES the meth lab fumes when they cook or when they use. So, if they suspect they’ve been made - and they know we’re wise - they just spray away and no more smell. Literally. No smell - NOTHING. I witnessed that first hand when I caught them one morning. The lab smell dissipated totally within 15 seconds. So, if someone like me reports them, they have enough eyes throughout the community (maybe even the $13/hour guard on night shift at the gate) that will tip them off and they start spraying. Cops come, no smell, egg all over my face and no more credibility. I would contact the HOA, or security or neighborhood watch about this, but I know there are members of those who are cooks and users themselves and have infiltrated their ranks. There are others in the area that also cook and as the Melvins’ become more successful with their cooks, there will be more residents getting into the game. Actually, they've already started. Officers, our health is being seriously affected and we don’t want to move a third time. We are the law abiding citizens and good neighbors who just want to live in peace.

• Should we contact and meet personally with an investigator/detective in the Maricopa County Sheriff’s office? AZ State Police?

• We would be willing to have L.E. use our house in ANY way - even occupying our home if necessary or installing sensors or cameras. Is this commonly done during investigations?

• Is L.E. reluctant to enter a gated community and prefer the HOA deal with things?

• We do not associate with any neighbors because we do not know who we can trust. I confided in a neighbor back in CA and it turned out he was one of the neighborhood lookouts. So… please don’t suggest we get some neighbors together and complain.

• Should we provide a statement for L.E. telling them what we know for fact - and what we suspect?

I think you read too many books or see too many movies.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

The username stopped me from helping...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by narcolicious View Post

Are your neighbors direct competitors of yours in the unlicensed pharmaceutical industry?

Comment

Troll thread

Comment

Heck, I'm Googling everywhere trying to find this spray that makes the smell of meth cooking instantly disappear. Can't find "MethAway" anywhere...must only be sold on the Dark Web.

And what the heck are they using to cook that makes the neighbor's gas detectors go off? I've seen plenty of ways to cook meth in training and none of them involve the copious use of natural gas, propane, or carbon monoxide. If it's natural gas or propane, I'd recommend flicking matches at the house...if it's strong enough to set off the neighbor's detector, then the offending house should go up like a roman candle!
            "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
            -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• narcolicious
              narcolicious commented
              Editing a comment
              Officer Bing_O . . . May I PM you with some info regarding your comment. I don't want to reveal publicly what I've researched and discovered. Don't want to give other bad guys a leg up. Let me know. And thanks for responding to my comment in a civil way.

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post
            Heck, I'm Googling everywhere trying to find this spray that makes the smell of meth cooking instantly disappear. Can't find "MethAway" anywhere...must only be sold on the Dark Web.

And what the heck are they using to cook that makes the neighbor's gas detectors go off? I've seen plenty of ways to cook meth in training and none of them involve the copious use of natural gas, propane, or carbon monoxide. If it's natural gas or propane, I'd recommend flicking matches at the house...if it's strong enough to set off the neighbor's detector, then the offending house should go up like a roman candle!
            Thus my post

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

I think you read too many books or see too many movies.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

We all know those gated retirement communities in Arizona, despite being some of the most expensive in the country, are just teeming with Meth heads.

There is something about being 80 and having a pacemaker implanted that makes people want to start using Meth. Oh the humanity! SMH

Comment

• Iowa #1603
                Iowa #1603 commented
                Editing a comment

• narcolicious
                narcolicious commented
                Editing a comment
                Officer Zeitgeist1 . . . Thank you so much for your comment and confirming I am not some whack job. If you would like to offer some private advice, I would welcome it if you would prefer to PM me. I have a feeling this topic is a hot potato and there are officers who do not feel comfortable discussing it and would rather make jokes. It took courage to answer the way you did. Thank you.

• Zeitgeist1
                Zeitgeist1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Detective. And no on the pm, not interested.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16659 users online. 425 members and 16234 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X