300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socks!!!!

this seem skinda dumb, but what kind of socks do you all wear...feet are VERY important, but black "church" socks arent all the confortable and sweat alot...do you all wear a specific type or brand or what? like i said, its kind of dumb, but your feet are important
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

Thorlos...padded at the heel, ball of the foot, and instep. They also come in black with white toes...expensive, but very worth it. You may need to buy shoe, after you buy the socks to allow for the sock's upsizing your foot.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

http://www.thorlo.com/socks/police-l...s/crew/581.php
      is this what you were talking about Kieth? 10 bucks a pair, but if it works,who cares, i did see some for $17.99, wow...lol

Comment

10.99 a pair. I have kids that eat a lot, there aint gonna be no 11 dollar pair of socks on these feet.

Walmart cotton crew socks work fine for me. Its the boot that is important. I get a 150 dollar allowance per year and spend every cent.
        It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

well sir, what kind of boots do you get?

Comment

The 150 dollar kind.

Bates, Danners, matahorns or 5.11. I am not picky as long as they have gortex and dont weigh 10 pounds.

I am a bit partial to the Bates 8". they run about 130 plus shipping. the danners can run upto 240. they are a bit heavy for me. the bates are more athletic. I bought a pair of matahorns in 1994 and have re soled them 3 time for the military and now I cant wear them anymore. They are heavy because of the frankenstien soles. I am buying a pair of 5.11's when i get back to the states. Ill try thm for a year and if I dont like them ill go back to the bates.
            It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Yeah, I am partial to Bates as well. I have had mine now for almost a year and a half and have no complaints. We work 12's and it is always nice to have a good pair of boots. My partner swears by Danner's. I guess it just depends on your preference.

Comment

thats actually alot of good info...thanks for the input...i know the shoes we wear are bates...but i'm looking into boots anyways.

Comment

Irishluck, I think you'll like the 5.11's. I bought my first pair last year and will be sticking with the brand. They are very comfortable, wear well, and easy to care for. Plus, they tend to run a bit cheaper than the good Bates.
                  Originally posted by kontemplerande
                  Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Black socks make your feet stink...but my boots are too wide for my feet, so I wear two pair..the bottoms ones are white and the second pair are black.

You know, I assumed (wrongly, obviously) that most PDs supplied everything. the only thing I'm responsible for are my underclothes...the PD supplies boots and everything else. As I read these various threads I see that many of you have to buy an aweful lot of thing...some even have to purchase their firearms...ours supplies everything right down to the keepers for your belt.
                    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishluck31 View Post
                      10.99 a pair. I have kids that eat a lot, there aint gonna be no 11 dollar pair of socks on these feet.

Walmart cotton crew socks work fine for me. Its the boot that is important. I get a 150 dollar allowance per year and spend every cent.
                      LOL!
                      Ditto!
                      "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
                        http://www.thorlo.com/socks/police-l...s/crew/581.php
                        is this what you were talking about Kieth? 10 bucks a pair, but if it works,who cares, i did see some for $17.99, wow...lol

When all else fails, try eBay! I buy "health socks" that average to just over $3 a pair, with free shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wholesale-Sample...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

yea smirff, i also do the double sock thing sometimes, especially when its cold..i wear the white socks that come up to the ankle then black socks..but man, if its cold enough, i'll throw on those thick..THICK "hunting" socks..keeps me nice and toasty...

and i forgot about ebay...geez...i musta been up for a while before i forgot to post on that!!!

ok so besides thorlo.com where else do you guys and GALS and your foot gear? i use RANGERJOES.COM sometimes, what about GALLS?

Comment

GALLS... They're real proud of thier stuff. For me, I pull out the ol' blue military ID and head for the base uniform shop. Black wool socks keeps the odor and sweat down.
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

A couple of the guys on our team swear by the 5.11's for the comfort. It seems like they are a loud boot in an empty school hallway. Its like the soles are harder. Also thought abou the Okley boots, but i have heard storys about their slip resistant soles being not so slip resistant on wet concrete.

Smurfette, I would appreciate you leaving your funky trench foot out of the conversation. Nothing worse than post work household biologicial contamination.
                              It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5150 users online. 305 members and 4845 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X