Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's what happened. What would you do?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's what happened. What would you do?

This actually happened to me roughly 2 months ago and I know it was a dumb decision on my part but what would you do had I done this?

I left a local hang out place and it was night so as I turn out I didn't realize an Officer was behind me. Anyhow I followed my friend as he left and roughly 1 minute after driving he overtakes a car infront of him (Double Yellow), and I follow suit. We got to maybe 65 in a 45 and it was slightly drizzling. Needless to say Red and Blue lights come flying up at us in no time. My friend pulled over immediately but I assumed it would be nice to pull over into a side street so I kept going slowly until the Officer Yelled at me to stop my car immediately and pull over. I was so freaked out that when he came to my car I forgot to turn my radio off, and left my window up and left the engine running. I did turn on all the lights in the car though. Anyhow as soon as he banged on my car i turned everything off and opened my window.

I am a good kid (20) don't kill me guys. I've never smoked in my life or taken drugs, I was very polite to the officer.

What would you officers have done to me in the situation. I'll explain what the officer did later. I will say this though. I don't think he should have done what he did to me.

Originally posted by ShaneK View Post
    This actually happened to me roughly 2 months ago and I know it was a dumb decision on my part but what would you do had I done this?

I left a local hang out place and it was night so as I turn out I didn't realize an Officer was behind me. Anyhow I followed my friend as he left and roughly 1 minute after driving he overtakes a car infront of him (Double Yellow), and I follow suit. We got to maybe 65 in a 45 and it was slightly drizzling. Needless to say Red and Blue lights come flying up at us in no time. My friend pulled over immediately but I assumed it would be nice to pull over into a side street so I kept going slowly until the Officer Yelled at me to stop my car immediately and pull over. I was so freaked out that when he came to my car I forgot to turn my radio off, and left my window up and left the engine running. I did turn on all the lights in the car though. Anyhow as soon as he banged on my car i turned everything off and opened my window.

I am a good kid (20) don't kill me guys. I've never smoked in my life or taken drugs, I was very polite to the officer.

What would you officers have done to me in the situation. I'll explain what the officer did later. I will say this though. I don't think he should have done what he did to me.

Broken the window, throwin you on the ground (making sure it was in traffic), thrown handcuffs on you making sure they were way too tight, and tase you 3 times for good measure.

I'm kidding.

Comment

oooh, the anticipation of what happend next....i cant wait hmmmm, proned out and written several cites maybe??
      "I am... reminded of something Cardinal Wolsey once told me. That I should only ever tell the king what he ought to do, not what he could do; for if the lion knows his own strength, no man could control him". Sir Thomas More

Comment

My friend pulled over immediately but I assumed it would be nice to pull over into a side street so I kept going slowly until the Officer Yelled at me to stop my car immediately and pull over.
        So, you attempted to evade the officer, thinking he would be too busy with your buddy(who did the right thing BTW) to notice you driving away slowly?
        "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
          So, you attempted to evade the officer, thinking he would be too busy with your buddy(who did the right thing BTW) to notice you driving away slowly?
          No i really tried to pull into a side street where I knew the Officer would have no chance of getting hit my oncoming traffic. The officer actually drove on the wrong side of the road to box me in... I think he thought I was going to try to flee the situation.

Comment

THINKING is what gets some people in trouble. Get my drift. When the lights come on you pull over. The officer picks the place for the stop- not you. He/she /we do not know what your up to and we do not take the chances, we have to think the worst. You screwed up, soooo don't blame the officer.
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by j706 View Post
              THINKING is what gets some people in trouble. Get my drift. When the lights come on you pull over. The officer picks the place for the stop- not you. He/she /we do not know what your up to and we do not take the chances, we have to think the worst. You screwed up, soooo don't blame the officer.
              im not blaming the officer for anything. In Actuality, I think he is a fantastic officer. He did tell me that if I had opened my window in any wrong manner he would have shot me since there was just a robbery less than a mile away and he wasn't sure if my friend and I were the robbers.

Comment

I think you are answering your own question, Shane. It seems like what happened (so far, with the few details you have provided) the officer did the correct thing.

Comment

If I thought you were possibly involved in a robbery that just occurred you would have been taken out of the car at gunpoint. You would have been laying in that "safe street" you picked out until I confirmed otherwise.
                  "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Originally posted by IMachU View Post
                    I think you are answering your own question, Shane. It seems like what happened (so far, with the few details you have provided) the officer did the correct thing.
                    you'll be surprised at what happened. I am perfectly fine with the decision he made although I don't think it was right. I'll post what he did once I actually hear what you guys woulda done.

Comment

I'll post what he did once I actually hear what you guys woulda done.
                      If you or your vehicle matched the suspects description, refer to irishdep's post #9 for what may have happened to you. FWI, I for one hate guessing games
                      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
                        If you or your vehicle matched the suspects description, refer to irishdep's post #9 for what may have happened to you. FWI, I for one hate guessing games
                        Well the Officer actually told me to step out of the vehicle and I was sure he was about to tell me to put my hands behind my back, but....

He walked me and my front over to a lower part of the grass where our cars were and had a chat with us. He told us he has two sons and if either of them had just done what we did he would be okay with them spending a night in jail. He told me his buddy would've impounded our cars in a heartbeat and put us in the back of his cruiser.

He let me and my friend go off with a Verbal warning. Needless to say I was very thankful, asked the officer for his name and shook his hand.

The reason I said I didn't feel what he did was right is because I deserve to atleast do community service or maybe get a ticket for 3 points. I really am thankful that this officer didnt give me reckless or aggressive driving because I would have lost my license.

Comment

What would you do?

Sounds like your lucky day Shane. Question for you. Do you always look gift horses in the mouth? Officer cut you a pretty major break. Be thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                            Do you always look gift horses in the mouth?

Ehh? I dont understand

Comment

Ehh? I dont understand
                              It means that you came here and questioned what the officer did. And if you're not questioning what he did, then you are questioning us on how we would have done it.

I'm glad it worked out for you. Trust me, in many places it wouldn't have been handled that way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3667 users online. 282 members and 3385 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X