300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let car run when not needed.

Do you leave your car on while you stop and eat for 1.5 + hours while on duty?

With gas at $3.40 a gallon plus this is a little absurd and unnecessary I believe.

Just wondering how many of you leave your cars run and what if anything mandates you to do so?

Originally posted by chowner View Post

With gas at $3.40 a gallon plus this is a little absurd and unnecessary I believe.

Just wondering how many of you leave your cars run and what if anything mandates you to do so?
    Your profile lists your occupation of "GBA". What's that? It seems as though you came here to pick at fight. An hour and a half dinner break? Absurd? Mandates?

Comment

Who the heck gets a 1.5 hour dinner break? I'm lucky if I get 10 minutes for a break to grab a bite to eat. Why aren't you complaining about the gas that is wasted driving around answering calls for "My kid doesn't want to go to school" or "My neighbor insists on cutting his grass at 9am on a weekend morning".

Originally posted by Ten Six View Post
      Your profile lists your occupation of "GBA". What's that? It seems as though you came here to pick at fight. An hour and a half dinner break? Absurd? Mandates?
      The last time somebody told me their occupation was GBA, she was referring to "GameBoy Advance" Her occupation was playing games while the rest of america went to work.
      Last edited by Taylor1430; 05-16-2007, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Not to be rude but if you don't wanna answer the question just leave it at that. No need to bicker.

thank you.

Comment

Leaving an unattended vehicle running for that length of time is prohibited at my dept.

Comment

Yes, I leave my car running when I stop for lunch. Sometimes in the summer I put a brick on the gas peddle to deep the RPMs up because the AC stops blowing cold after about 1.5 and I need to keep it going. Oh.I dont stop for 1.5 hours, thats just way not enough time for me to eat and digest my food. Its more like 3 hours.

anymore stupid questions, let me know.
            It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Wow. I wish I had 1.5 hours to eat lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by chowner View Post

We are not allowed to leave the cars running while we eat or if we'll be out of them for any extended amount of time( not including calls or stops ).
                Your post comes off like you're offended that we get to stop and have lunch!
                Every other job/profession including a GBA, WTF that is I have no idea, is allowed to take a break for lunch, coffee, cigarettes etc.. but when the public sees a police officer do it then it's wrong. Leave police matters to the police and you concentrate on being a GBA, again WTF.
                "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Cars? You guys get cars!? Someday I'll tell you what it was like when I started.
                  Chowner you little Hoosier dip-stick, I suppose you would complain about a 3-day response time, too? You come on here rude and accusatory, then complain when you get "short" answers. Your people skills are obviously honed to a high level!

Comment

GBA. Great Big _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Anyone care to fill in the blanks?

Comment

Originally posted by Retired Chief View Post
                      Cars? You guys get cars!? Someday I'll tell you what it was like when I started.
                      Chowner you little Hoosier dip-stick, I suppose you would complain about a 3-day response time, too? You come on here rude and accusatory, then complain when you get "short" answers. Your people skills are obviously honed to a high level!
                      Hey, I'm a Hoosier too!

Comment

Originally posted by irishdep View Post
                        We are not allowed to leave the cars running while we eat or if we'll be out of them for any extended amount of time( not including calls or stops ).
                        Your post comes off like you're offended that we get to stop and have lunch!
                        Every other job/profession including a GBA, WTF that is I have no idea, is allowed to take a break for lunch, coffee, cigarettes etc.. but when the public sees a police officer do it then it's wrong. Leave police matters to the police and you concentrate on being a GBA, again WTF.
                        Way to make an assumption I am not complaining cause Police get to take a lunch break. I was just a little curious as to if there was a legit reason for when and Indiana State Police Officer stops for an extended lunch he leaves his car run besides the fact that it will be warm/cool upon his return.

Comment

Dont Feed The Trolls
                          Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by Irishluck31 View Post
                            Yes, I leave my car running when I stop for lunch. Sometimes in the summer I put a brick on the gas peddle to deep the RPMs up because the AC stops blowing cold after about 1.5 and I need to keep it going. Oh.I dont stop for 1.5 hours, thats just way not enough time for me to eat and digest my food. Its more like 3 hours.

anymore stupid questions, let me know.
                            ROFL!!!!!!
                            Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I quit! I'm going to work with you peeps that get an hour and a half for lunch. I've been so stupid, I've been driving to call while shoving french fries in my mouth.
                              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4739 users online. 275 members and 4464 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X