Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex-boyfriend threatens to jeopardize my police career?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-boyfriend threatens to jeopardize my police career?

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time posting in a while. I just had a rather nasty breakup with my ex, and I believe he strongly implied he'll try to make sure I'm never a police officer, I don't know exactly what that means but I suspect he'll phone my department of choice and tell them not to hire me or something. I'm just a bit shaken up and trying to make sense of what he can do to jeopardize my career. It was a long distance relationship and he knows my full name and photos of me, he doesn't have my address however. I'll keep logs of all of our online conversations just in case something happens, as I have nothing to hide.

Apologies in advance if this post seems a bit disorganized.

Call locals in his area to tell him to stop harassing you; file an OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
      Call locals in his area to tell him to stop harassing you; file an OP.
      I have already blocked all forms of communication with him and obtained and backed up every single conversation we had, I also phoned the non-emergency line of my local police department and they told me that they get that sort of thing all the time and that if he does bring up a complaint against me I will be asked about that during a (hypothetical) interview in the hiring process and I'll be able to explain myself.

If he tries any form of harassment in the future I will not hesitate to contact his local PD and file a OP, thank you for letting me know.

Comment

Sounds like he is already harassing you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rizam View Post
          Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time posting in a while. I just had a rather nasty breakup with my ex, and I believe he strongly implied he'll try to make sure I'm never a police officer, I don't know exactly what that means but I suspect he'll phone my department of choice and tell them not to hire me or something. I'm just a bit shaken up and trying to make sense of what he can do to jeopardize my career. It was a long distance relationship and he knows my full name and photos of me, he doesn't have my address however. I'll keep logs of all of our online conversations just in case something happens, as I have nothing to hide.

Apologies in advance if this post seems a bit disorganized.
          How old are you?

Comment

I have already blocked all forms of communication with him and obtained and backed up every single conversation we had, I also phoned the non-emergency line of my local police department and they told me that they get that sort of thing all the time and that if he does bring up a complaint against me I will be asked about that during a (hypothetical) interview in the hiring process and I'll be able to explain myself.

If he tries any form of harassment in the future I will not hesitate to contact his local PD and file a OP, thank you for letting me know.
            It's ok to use periods. They're not rationed on the forum.

LEOs aren't idiots! We know people lie and will attempt to corroborate everything people tell us.

Comment

Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
              Sounds like he is already harassing you.
              Sorry for the confusion, nothing happened since i've blocked him so far, so i'm not facing any harassment yet, but if I see it happening again I won't hesitate to contact his local pd.

Originally posted by westside popo View Post

How old are you?
              I'm 20

Originally posted by westside popo View Post

It's ok to use periods. They're not rationed on the forum.

LEOs aren't idiots! We know people lie and will attempt to corroborate everything people tell us.
              Sorry for that poor punctuation! I guess I was just a bit on edge when I wrote that, I'm doing much better now though. And yeah haha, I made the right decision to call them, it reassured me a lot.

Comment

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time posting in a while.
                You joined this forum when you were 16?

I just had a rather nasty breakup with my ex
                I'm not sure what that means. Are you trying to say that you and your boyfriend just broke up? Because if he was your ex-husband, your divorce would pretty much constitute a "breakup", so it wouldn't really be possible for you to have a "breakup with my ex".

It was a long distance relationship
                So you were pen-pals?

...he knows my full name and photos of me...
                Exactly what KIND of photos does he have of you? Does he have pictures of you in any state of undress and/or pictures of you of a sexual and/or sexually provocative nature?

Comment

• westside popo
                  westside popo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep. Lot of extrenous information yet lacks substance. Looked up the screen name on the web. Nothing interesting but the meaning of the name. Maybe English is a second language for her?

Bazinga!

OP has other posts that make good reading.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12302 users online. 438 members and 11864 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X