300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom's car got shot/Juvenile problem

My mom's car got shot by a BB gun as she was leaving her work (at an elementary school) so she called 911 and two deputies arrived. She noticed two juvenile boys directly across the street looking nervous. The deputies talked to them and I learned that this has been an ongoing problem, so far 2 kids have been shot by a BB gun there (one in the lip, the other lodged in the leg) and countless windows have been shot out, even recently (at least 4+). The deputies were talking to the kids while I was across the street and they even told the deputies that they had shot at the stop sign right where my mom got hit when the deputies found BBs laying by it. The deputies eventually found the BB that hit my mom's car against the curb of their house, it was a completely straight-shot projectory. One of the deputies walked over and told my mom and I that he had no doubt that it was them and has taken reports of these kids before. Their dad came and refused to cooperate with the sheriff's deputies, swearing up and down that his little angelic children wouldn't do a thing like this, even though:
    1) His kids told the deputies they had a BB gun (they changed their story several times)
    2) They admitted to shooting at the stop sign
    3) They had a slit in their screen to poke a barrel through
    4) They've had the police called on them for this 3+ other times.

The deputies explained that because there were no witnesses to say that one of them exactly did it, by law they couldn't do anything, especially because the father was refusing a search of the house. Can my mom do anything other than file a report and give the contact info of all the other victims? (She did this). Even though I can understand there is no cause for arrest, it angers me that these kids are shooting at elementary school students with a BB gun for kicks.

Sorry to be so long-winded!

Originally posted by superkoopa View Post
    My mom's car got shot by a BB gun as she was leaving her work (at an elementary school) so she called 911 and two deputies arrived. She noticed two juvenile boys directly across the street looking nervous. The deputies talked to them and I learned that this has been an ongoing problem, so far 2 kids have been shot by a BB gun there (one in the lip, the other lodged in the leg) and countless windows have been shot out, even recently (at least 4+). The deputies were talking to the kids while I was across the street and they even told the deputies that they had shot at the stop sign right where my mom got hit when the deputies found BBs laying by it. The deputies eventually found the BB that hit my mom's car against the curb of their house, it was a completely straight-shot projectory. One of the deputies walked over and told my mom and I that he had no doubt that it was them and has taken reports of these kids before. Their dad came and refused to cooperate with the sheriff's deputies, swearing up and down that his little angelic children wouldn't do a thing like this, even though:
    1) His kids told the deputies they had a BB gun (they changed their story several times)
    2) They admitted to shooting at the stop sign
    3) They had a slit in their screen to poke a barrel through
    4) They've had the police called on them for this 3+ other times.

The deputies explained that because there were no witnesses to say that one of them exactly did it, by law they couldn't do anything, especially because the father was refusing a search of the house. Can my mom do anything other than file a report and give the contact info of all the other victims? (She did this). Even though I can understand there is no cause for arrest, it angers me that these kids are shooting at elementary school students with a BB gun for kicks.

Sorry to be so long-winded!

More than likely, even though no arrest was made there was still a report of the incident. Call the Sheriff Office up and ask if there was, and if so ask for a copy. That way you can take care of things through the civil process.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
      More than likely, even though no arrest was made there was still a report of the incident. Call the Sheriff Office up and ask if there was, and if so ask for a copy. That way you can take care of things through the civil process.
      In doing this I can't really see the pros outweighing the cons, there was no damage to my mom's car besides a BB-sized dent, but shooting and hitting children is serious. Do you think doing something civilly would be beneficial if we gathered all the victims and the school? (The school's windows have gotten shot out before). If somebody doesn't put a stop to these kids now, they will move on to bigger crimes.

Comment

Whoops, double post.

Comment

Ok well you may not like this, but I'm gonna say it anyway. As far as property damage, yes take care of it civilly and whatever damage gets paid for will get paid for.

And this is where I may get some flack... but as far as kids shooting bbguns at each other... they're kids! Yes yes I know I'm gonna hear "it starts with bb guns, it ends with real guns". Well anyone who thinks that kids shooting each other with bb guns (or paint ball guns) relates to kids shooting their schools up need to get their head checked.

Kids do stupid things when they're kids, that's why they're kids. It's not really your place to try to raise them the way you would raise your own.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2699 users online. 140 members and 2559 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X