300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Department of Public Safety

I am in the military and I was talking to my first sergeant about different police agencies. He was telling me that Texas Department of Public Safety is a great department to work for. I took a look at their webpage and saw that they are taking applications now. I was wondering if anyone could give me the pros and cons on the department? Does the department take care of their officers? Do they stay pretty busy out there? When I apply I will be an out of state candidate. I was wondering does being an out of state applicant affect your chances of getting in? I would appreciate any reply’s thanks

Texas Department of Public Safety

Texas DPS has a great reputation. I'd certainly encourage you to apply. Understand, that if appointed, you're subject to serve anywhere in the state, and Texas is one big state. No department is perfect, some just come closer to it than do others. Texas DPS is pretty good.

Comment

Go to the site and look around, has a good vid... keeps you busy in rural areas doing reg police work, in urban areas strickly traffic (both citing and accidents) plus you can become a TEXAS RANGER! hahah
      Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Many of the local troopers are tired of the crappy schedules they have but I don't know if all area Sgts. make it so hard on the troops.
        The pay is decent, the academy is long and tough but they feed well I'm told.
        They are having a hard time recruiting right now. I just heard they were looking for 200 and had 24 applicants so far...state wide!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6315 users online. 365 members and 5950 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X