300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoJack hit distance

Maybe no-one will want to answer this publicly (if so, please PM me). The other day one of the guys on the road rcvd a LoJack hit. His question to me (dispatcher) realistically how far away could the vehicle be 1 mile, 3....5??? He was recieving a strong signal strength. I asked the bosses, and no-one seems to know. Calls to surrounding agencies, and again no one was sure, but they sent a LoJack unit to assist in triangulation.

Its just for my future knowledge.

And yes, I did contact the LoJack LE support center, and unfortunatly at 0300, there wasn't anyone there that could answer the "technical" question.

Thanks

Chipper

Now this one IS OPSEC - call LoJack for an answer, but don't publish it here!
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

No big secret here. The signal strength depends alot on the geographic features of where the vehicle's at, as well as distance. Things which block the signal impact the distance it carries.
      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Once you get it locked, and have the dispatcher call it in and have the signal multiplied, you have a pretty good radius. I'm guessing up to 3 miles. If you're out in East Bumblefeck, it's probably doubled.
        What Delta said x2

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4011 users online. 244 members and 3767 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X