300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for CHP officers

I was driving on the 105 a while ago and there was a huge traffic backup (not uncommon obviously). Figuring it was an accident, and passing many miles at 2 mph, I finally came across the backup. It was a CHP officer that had pulled over a car in the #3 lane, and was conducting the traffic stop in the middle of the lane. The backup was from everyone trying to drive around. Was this because the idiot driver who was pulled over decided to stop in the middle of a lane, and because he had stopped, the officer couldn't instruct him to "drive" any further for liability reasons, or is there another reason for this? I guess one reason might be the car had stalled, but I have been wondering about this.

It sounds like the car broke down and the officer was waiting on a wrecker.

Comment

Without being there, that is an impossible question to answer.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Sounds like the car broke down and the Officer was waiting on someone (a wrecker perhaps) to move it. Just because the blue lights are on doesn't mean they did a traffic stop.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I was driving on the 105 a while ago and there was a huge traffic backup (not uncommon obviously). Figuring it was an accident, and passing many miles at 2 mph, I finally came across the backup. It was a CHP officer that had pulled over a car in the #3 lane, and was conducting the traffic stop in the middle of the lane. The backup was from everyone trying to drive around. Was this because the idiot driver who was pulled over decided to stop in the middle of a lane, and because he had stopped, the officer couldn't instruct him to "drive" any further for liability reasons, or is there another reason for this? I guess one reason might be the car had stalled, but I have been wondering about this.

1. NO CHP officer stops a car in the #3.
          2. An alternative would have been to use the push bumber to get it off. Officers are EXEMPT from Liability due to any damage caused to a citizen car by pushing it off.
          3. The situation sounds like the officer could not push it for some reason.
          4. Per Liability, he MUST leave those top lights ( Emergency Lights) on if the car ahead is stopped in the lane.
          5. Because of Rose Bird--a person appointed to be Chief Justice of the Calif. Supreme Court by Jerry Brown, we have the concept of "Special RElationship". That is, the officer can not leave until the disabled vehicle is removed. (Bird was later recalled for her radical creations and bad decisions)
          6. Your slowing was due to "Looky-Loos", who want to see who is in the citizen car?--Is there any blood?--what is the officer doing?

Comment

Sounds like his car broke down.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6762 users online. 343 members and 6419 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X