300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Security Question

Ill start with an overview before getting to the question. So, today I was doing community service for the Red Cross. I do fire alarm installations as well as provide the resident with safety information regarding potential fire hazards. The other volunteer and I got flagged down while we were next door by the resident, we initially knocked at this resident's house 2 times prior and there was no answer. I had the resident sign the paperwork that allowed us to come in, and there was an smell/residual odor of Marijuana at the residence (could not be detected from outside). The other volunteer and I were inside the residence for about 15 minutes doing the installations and paper work for the resident. My question is that does this situation fall under something that needs to be reported to the security office since I was exposed to whatever lingering residual smell and or fumes at the residence? For reference I currently work for a Federal Contractor, and currently have an adjudicated SSBI. I plan on telling my supervisor obviously, but I would also like input from you all on the forums who have more experience in this area than I do. Thank you.

Are you planning on filing a WC claim? You won’t get anything for residual dope smoke.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Levithane View Post
      Ill start with an overview before getting to the question. So, today I was doing community service for the Red Cross. I do fire alarm installations as well as provide the resident with safety information regarding potential fire hazards. The other volunteer and I got flagged down while we were next door by the resident, we initially knocked at this resident's house 2 times prior and there was no answer. I had the resident sign the paperwork that allowed us to come in, and there was an smell/residual odor of Marijuana at the residence (could not be detected from outside). The other volunteer and I were inside the residence for about 15 minutes doing the installations and paper work for the resident. My question is that does this situation fall under something that needs to be reported to the security office since I was exposed to whatever lingering residual smell and or fumes at the residence? For reference I currently work for a Federal Contractor, and currently have an adjudicated SSBI. I plan on telling my supervisor obviously, but I would also like input from you all on the forums who have more experience in this area than I do. Thank you.
      Mind your own business
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Levithane View Post
        No. No you do not. You’ll be fine as long as you didn’t accidentally on purpose ingest some while in the residence.
        Sergeant, US Army 2004-2009
        Sergeant, Army National Guard 2009-2016
        The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope nothing like that. Just doing community service and the one of the homes ended up having a smell/residual stench of it. Thank you for the response.

You are way overthinking this. What, exactly, are you going to report to your supervisor and why? I can't go to a local grocery store without running in to multiple people who smell of burnt marijuana smoke. Stop making life difficult for yourself.

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          You are correct, I went back and looked over what raises concerns in my binders, and it didn't fall under any of the categories.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12312 users online. 440 members and 11872 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X