300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridealong with a Lieutenant

I have a ridealong with a Lieutanent in the baltimore County Police Department. I was wondering since im going with a Lieutenant if they were sticking me with someone who would just drive me around and not let me see any calls or action.

I know some departments do that, so I was wondering if this sounds like one of those situations?

My second question does a Lieutenant get the same calls as a officer starting out?
    PPD

Application Turned in - 3/10-2008

Written Test - 5/31/2008

Daniel, the only way you're going to find out, is to do the ride along. When you're finished, tell us how it went.

Comment

Riding with the boss allows you to go on any calls he wants to take you to.
      Lieutenants don't take calls per se.
      "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Sounds like your going to get the sanitized version. As previously stated, the boss normally will not work calls, so enjoy the ride, you'll still see plenty.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

edited for content by me.

You'll get to see plenty of good stuff. No worries.
          It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

I went on the ride along last night and it was not with the Lieutenant. The officer that set it up meant I was riding with Lieutenant Stankowski's shift. I ad a lot of fun again I rode 3-11 shift out of Towson. We went to a custody Dispute at a school, a traffic accident where the one driver was on a suspended liscense and driving an uninsured vehicle. That was with the fir hour or so thhen we drove around running liscense plates. Then bnwe went to a break and enter alarm at a bank (turned out to be the cleaning guy set off the alarm and couldnt turn it off), a juvenile noise complaint. The last two calls for the day were interesting the first one a girl called in tears saying her ex-boy friend is at her doors on drugs banging on the door saying he is going to kill her. They ran his name ands he has 3 outstanding warrants so we head over but in the end he took off before we got there and couldn't fnd him. The last call was interesting a girl wanted her mom out of the house (the gil was 25, and her mom didn't really live there) because she just beat up a hooker and sttoler her purse and took her drugs and was high on something.

Overall it was agood experiance!!!
            PPD

Application Turned in - 3/10-2008

Written Test - 5/31/2008

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6361 users online. 362 members and 5999 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X