300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmpi-2

Question....For any candidate who has taken the MMPI-2 (567 true or false), Is it required for the psych doctor to notify the candidate for a one on one or do they just get the rest results and notify the department?

If by "notify the candidate for a one on one" you mean have a one-on-one consultation/interview with the candidate after the test, that would depend on the department. It's common to have a face to face meeting with the psychologist in addition to the test, but I have worked for smaller departments that only use the test (likely for financial reasons).
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• 13B Veteran
      13B Veteran commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you are right...I say this is because I took the test August 24th....No notification to see a psych or anything... Also we had to sign a form to give the department (MS Highway Patrol) permission to check to see if we have a domestic violence on record and misdemeanor crimes..... All is left is the polygraph.... The academy starts December 1st.

The psych is whatever the state requires it to be and whatever the department wants it to be. I had one where I took like 5 tests and never talked to anyone... and another with one test and a sit down.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

So will the department spend money on a candidate to take the MMPI if they are considering hiring him/her?

Comment

I always had an interview with a headshrink afterwards, thank goodness.

MMPI Question: I like fire- yes, or no.

Headshrink: Why did you answer yes?

Me: I could stare at a campfire all night, sir.

Also, there were a few questions I flat out miss-read or miss-answered, and was later able to explain that if forced to choose, I would rather be a lion tamer, not a librarian.
        I used to be a banker but I lost interest.

-Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by 13B Veteran View Post
          So will the department spend money on a candidate to take the MMPI if they are considering hiring him/her?
          The psych comes after the conditional offer. By definition they have decided to hire you.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• 13B Veteran
            13B Veteran commented
            Editing a comment
            Hiring Steps: All started in May 2019:
            1. Application Approval - Accepted
            2. Computerized Testing - Passed
            3. Agility/Drug Test/ Medical/ PT - Passed
            4. Structured Oral Process - Passed
            5. Candidate Profile Summary- I guess Accepted/ Approved
            6. Psychological Screening (MMPI-2)- Taken August 24, 2019, also signed a form to check for Misdemeanor Crimes and Domestic Violence.....No word to take Polygraph by letter or anything saying non select
            7. Trooper school begins - December 1 2019

• tanksoldier
            tanksoldier commented
            Editing a comment
            Legally a department can't ask you medical or psychological questions, give drug tests & etc until they have offered to hire you. It's why conditional offers exist. If you've had a medical exam and a psych exam, by definition they MUST have extended a conditional offer of employment which you accepted prior to those exams. If that's not the case there is a major problem. Since it's an employment offer, by definition they have decided to hire you at that point. MMPI would be part of the psych.

Well, I just found out today that the agency selected 63 candidates out of 120 after taking the MMPI since August 2019 to take the polygraph, which was the last step in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by 13B Veteran View Post
            Well, I just found out today that the agency selected 63 candidates out of 120 after taking the MMPI since August 2019 to take the polygraph, which was the last step in the process.
            Are you 1 of the 63?

Comment

• 13B Veteran
              13B Veteran commented
              Editing a comment
              I am afraid that I wasn't at this time. Not saying that the rest of the 57 candidates including myself didnt pass the MMPI, they just chose the best 63 out of 120.....I also found out that the 63 are the ones going to attend the academy.....The department probably didnt get alot of funding to hire more if they only selected 63 to start the academy.

• westside popo
              westside popo commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you assuming you didn't pass it because you didn't get selected this time or did they tell you, you failed it?

In this field you can pass everything and still not get selected for what ever reason. I had one department pass me over the first time around only to call me a year later and asked me if I was still interested.

Keep applying to other departments.

No....The department (HR) didnt tell anyone who didnt get selected that we either pass the MMPI or not.....They just selected the 63 out of 120 they wanted. I guess that self address envelope that we filled out was for them to contact the ones who were selected to move forward.
            Last edited by 13B Veteran; Yesterday, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I’ve taken it so many times they can’t use it on me anymore. They have to do a one on one with the shrink.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12668 users online. 498 members and 12170 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X