300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stopping someone from getting a ccw

hey guys - my sister's husband just recently turned 21 and he's planning on getting his ccw - personally, i think he's way too unstable for such a thing and he'd used his gun in situations that would NOT warrant it and injure or kill someone. my question is, if i call my local sherrif's office and tell the sheriff this, will it make a difference? i would easily be able to get at least 5 or 6 other people who know the guy to also to vouch for what i'm saying - any advice on what to do? thanks,
    Dwhite725

Dending upon how your law is set up, it might. Here, the authority must PROVE you should not be allowed the permit. Very difficult.

Still, this might be a good occasion to drop a dime.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Ccw

I agree with 10-42 Trooper's advice. If the guy really is a substantial risk, advising the Sheriff's Dept is probably the way to go. It's probably going to need to be in writing, and listing all the reasons that the subject should not be granted a permit. It might also be a good idea to ask the Sheriff's Dept to protect your identity as the one who made the call.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4667 users online. 314 members and 4353 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X