300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio?

Are you able to listen to the radio while on duty?
    I'm an Explorer now and ready for action!!!!!!!

Well, I would hate to let my radio go to waste...

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Yes we are. Some guys have XFM or SIRUS Radio that they take with them on the road. I have an mp3 player that I run through the cars tape deck. I have seen guys watch movies on duty in thier cars, either on a lap top or a portable DVD player. Ive also seen guys with PSP's (Video Game) on duty. The movies and the PSP two will get you in deep if the boss catch's you.

Comment

As long as it doesn't interfere with my 2-way radio.....but let me put it this way, I would hate to have an "open-mike follie" while rocking out!
        You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

Need the radio. Driving around with no noise is unnerving. Like D.O.D. Cop would hate to know everyone in my county knows I sing horribly
          If you can't be honest with yourself who can you be honest with.

Comment

Yes. I have xm in my squad.
            Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Art Bell has been my partner on many a night.

Comment

Radio

I have actually heard that some place(s) in the past removed the AM/FM broadcast radio from the squad car so as to not be a distraction from hearing the police radio. I think it may have been Saint Paul PD (MN). I sort of doubt that any agencies would do that nowadays, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Six View Post
                  Art Bell has been my partner on many a night.
                  Without Art and George Noory life just wouldn't be the same! Thank the gods for some of those callers, whenever I feel like life just sucks, one of those open line callers just lets me know how good I have it...

"West of the rockies your on the air..."
                  Carpe Noctem

Comment

When I was new in the late 70's, my agency DID have the am/fm radios removed. I used to bring a transistor (do they still call them that?) with me usually to listen to the Dodger games. I had to use rubber bands to make it stay on the visor. Had some sgts. question it, but there was no rule against it. Finally, probably around 1990, they stopped removing the radios. It was a very big deal. When I went to motors, found a way to fasten a radio to it, too, then guys came up with all sorts of ways to get am/fm on their bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE View Post
                      Without Art and George Noory life just wouldn't be the same! Thank the gods for some of those callers, whenever I feel like life just sucks, one of those open line callers just lets me know how good I have it...

"West of the rockies your on the air..."
                      Where has JC been? I haven't heard him on for awhile.

Comment

As an investigator (instigator ???), our cars always had 'good time' radios. After a while, I could have the radio on, be involved in a conversation with someone in the car, and never miss my call sign on the first try. It's an aquired skill.
                        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                        John Stuart Mill

Comment

Yes we're allowed. I couldn't imagine driving without some background noise.

Comment

I don't know, that's a good question...
                            Carpe Noctem

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Six View Post
                              Where has JC been? I haven't heard him on for awhile.
                              I don't know, that's a good question...
                              Carpe Noctem

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4223 users online. 289 members and 3934 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X