Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post

At 25 years old? Dude, seriously.....
    No $hit. At 18, I was married to practice wife #1, providing for my her by successfully managing a business with 30+ employees, and helping my mother out financially.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
      But to answer your question, at my last academy (there were several), I turned 40. Icy Hot and ibuprofen helped but for the most part, I was smart about how I trained and stood back as the kids tried to out PT each other...
      I was 44. Ibuprofen, ice packs, ace bandages, joint supplements, and the will to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Winter94 View Post
        ...im not very mature at all.
        Bingo...

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

Bingo...
          Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
            Your so young you don't even know what old is. Add 10 years to your age and you would still be fine. Some could argue your too young but nobody would say 29 is too old.
            Well thats good to know thanks haha.

Comment

Hello,
              So how old is too old to become a police officer? I was enrolled in the police academy last month but then I realized I really was not ready mentally and prepared to change my entire life. I decided that I should finish school and get some more life experience for about 3-4 years. If i do this though I will be 28-29 and i'm a little worried that, that might be too old for me.
              Totally off topic but another thread made me realize that I graduated from the law enforcement academy 40 yrs ago yesterday ..........
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I know how it sounds but all my life i've lived in a comfortable bubble and didn't put myself in uncomfortable positions in order to grow up. I worry a lot of about the smallest crap and my life experience is pretty much little to none. Its sad to say but I realized this at 25...
                Then get out of that bubble! NOW. I was 35 when I went through the Academy. Two of my classmates were retired Army and in their mid 40s. They smoked a lot of our classmates in PT.

You are not the only 25 y/o that is unsure of him/herself. Actually I think it's the norm. Get out there and start living your life.
                Nothing sad about 'realizing this at 25.' I think that's a sign of maturity.

Gamble. Ask the pretty girl you meet out. If she says no, you won't even remember her 10 yrs from now. Start living.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Totally off topic but another thread made me realize that I graduated from the law enforcement academy 40 yrs ago yesterday ..........
                  Holy crap 40 years ago, how long have you been a cop then?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeitgeist1 View Post

Then get out of that bubble! NOW. I was 35 when I went through the Academy. Two of my classmates were retired Army and in their mid 40s. They smoked a lot of our classmates in PT.

You are not the only 25 y/o that is unsure of him/herself. Actually I think it's the norm. Get out there and start living your life.
                    Nothing sad about 'realizing this at 25.' I think that's a sign of maturity.

Gamble. Ask the pretty girl you meet out. If she says no, you won't even remember her 10 yrs from now. Start living.
                    Thats the plan right now. I work as a Traffic Control Officer under the police department in my area and in a couple of months im going to apply for the Community Service Officer position when it opens up. Talking to a lot of different people and forcing myself in uncomfortable situations (like talking with girls haha). Thanks for your words and i'm actually glad that I figured this out now instead of on the job.

Comment

Holy crap 40 years ago, how long have you been a cop then?

I retired full time at the end of 2010, but work part time in a uniformed armed non sworn LE position since mid 2011

PLUS I worked 2 yrs prior to my academy in a maximum security prison as an officer
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

I retired full time at the end of 2010, but work part time in a uniformed armed non sworn LE position since mid 2011

PLUS I worked 2 yrs prior to my academy in a maximum security prison as an officer
                        Armed non sworn, whats that? Is that like security or something?

Comment

Armed non sworn, whats that? Is that like security or something?
                          I work prisoner transport and Court Security for a sheriff's office. I am in a sheriff's unifirom

Comment

I work prisoner transport and Court Security for a sheriff's office. I am in a sheriff's unifirom
                            On October 31st, or on the other days also?

Comment

Hmmm thats pretty cool but i dont get why its a non sworn.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

On October 31st, or on the other days also?
                                Lately more days than I really want....................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6667 users online. 358 members and 6309 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X