300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disorderly Conduct

Is disorderly conduct always considered a Misdemeanor Crime?

Sorry if this is a stupid question and/or a waste of your time! Thanks.

Disorderly Conduct.

Short answer: Yes. I don't know of any jurisdictions where Disorderly Conduct is a felony.

Comment

Ditto!!
      "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Just wondering if it can ever be anything less than a misdemeanor? Can it ever be just a forefiture? Thanks again.

Comment

Disorderly Conduct

Forfeiture is a new one on me. Crimes are generally catagorized as

1) Felonies
          2) Misdemeanors
          3),Violations.

There is a more extensive discussion of classification of crimes on another thread.

Comment

No, but damn well should be sometimes.
            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

In Illinois if you file a false police report you will be charged with disorderly conduct but the statute under paragraph 4 makes it a felony. So yes here there is a such thing as felony disorderly conduct.
              Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                Short answer: Yes. I don't know of any jurisdictions where Disorderly Conduct is a felony.
                D.C. section 5503 in the PA crimes code is a summary unless the person continues to be disorderly after sufficient warning then it goes to an M-3...
                I got nothing for now

Comment

In Wisconsin, disorderly conduct is primarily a misdemeanor offense. A local government can adopt a forfeiture ordinance in compliance with the state statute. So, do answer your question, if the state is prosecuting it is always a crime. If the local jurisdiction is prosecuting it can be either a crime or a forfeiture.
                  Originally posted by kontemplerande
                  Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                    Forfeiture is a new one on me. Crimes are generally catagorized as

1) Felonies
                    2) Misdemeanors
                    3),Violations.

There is a more extensive discussion of classification of crimes on another thread.
                    In Wisconsin, forfeitures are violations. They are punishable by a fine only. Its just a matter of legal semantics.
                    Originally posted by kontemplerande
                    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

DOC in many places is a catch all violation. Run your mouth in certain jurisdictions & you will find yourself being charged with it & having reservations at the county jail. It is a minor crime but never the less arrestable.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskers1 View Post
                        Just wondering if it can ever be anything less than a misdemeanor? Can it ever be just a forefiture? Thanks again.
                        In our county you write DC as a ordinance or a misdemeanor state charge. Officer discretion and situation permitting. Our DA usually takes simple battery and other minor crimes for first time offenders and reduces them to DC tickets. Mostly because he's overwhelmed.
                        Discretion is the better part of valor.

I'd rather be known as a really good witness, than as a really dead hero.

Its always something. You never know what, but there is always more to the story.

Comment

In Wisc. it is always misdemeanor, most municipalites/counties in state also have ordinance violations for D.C. In the City of Milwaukee , it is officers discretion whether to issue ticket or state charges. It depends of severity of incident and suspects criminal history. In most cases the tcket is issued and it is just a forfieture $175.00 ,unless they dont pay for it then it can turn into a commitment for 3 days in jail. Hope this answers your ? GODD LUCK ,hope too see you on the streets soon....
                          We will never for forget , in memory of "051", my baby brother, E.O.W. 09/23/98.

Comment

I wish it was a misdemeanor in NY. Only a Violation here!

Comment

Misdemeanor down here. Spend a night in jail get out in the morning after Magistrate court or $25 bond.
                              LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2972 users online. 141 members and 2831 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X