300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise for a ticket my brother recieved

ok so my brother just came to me knowing that I know a good amount of information on law enforement since i'm looking to become a police officer once I get my degree in a year. Well he got a ticket for criminal trespassing last night for swimming in the college pool after hours. Well the cops that wrote this ticket wrote the wrong time by saying it was 1:30pm when it was actually 1:30am in the morning. He along with 9 others recieved the same charge which is a class 2 misdemeanor. All of their's say the write time though. He is a freshmen at college and was wondering whether or not to seek out a lawyer and try to get this dismissed. I told him to just go to court and accept the consequences however he doesn't want to take my advice. Is it even possible for him to get this dismissed with a lawyer? Thanks guys! I promise this isn't for me by the way. Ha Ha

I don't think the typo is enough to have the ticket dismissed or challenged. I also think your brother should listen to you. Besides, I'm sure the courts would rather spend their time with something other than a "kids in a pool" issue. Having said that, the ticket may end up being a small fine and no real criminal charges, but that's only an opinion. If your brother wishes to fight it, try a public defender. Hope it helps.

Comment

I really don't think you need to have knowledge in law enforcement to realize that writing the wrong time on a misdemeanor citation is going to get it dismissed. If he wants to fight the charge and pay an attorney hundreds of dollars based on a "wrong time on my ticket" defense, then he will have:

a) a trespassing conviction
      b) a few hundred dollars less due to attorney and court fees

Tell him to be a man and take responsibility for his actions. I personally probably wouldn't have cited him unless the school wanted me to, but he was in the wrong and should accept responsibility.
      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

yeah thats what I figured. I'll show him this thread and tell him to just go in and see what they offer him.

Comment

Tell your brother to:

PAY IT!!!! He violated the law and must face the consequences of his arrogance.
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Go to court, they'll plea it down so he has nothing on his record and he'll pay a fine. Hopefully!
            "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Originally posted by Integraautox View Post
              ok so my brother just came to me knowing that I know a good amount of information on law enforement since i'm looking to become a police officer once I get my degree in a year. Well he got a ticket for criminal trespassing last night for swimming in the college pool after hours. Well the cops that wrote this ticket wrote the wrong time by saying it was 1:30pm when it was actually 1:30am in the morning. He along with 9 others recieved the same charge which is a class 2 misdemeanor. All of their's say the write time though. He is a freshmen at college and was wondering whether or not to seek out a lawyer and try to get this dismissed. I told him to just go to court and accept the consequences however he doesn't want to take my advice. Is it even possible for him to get this dismissed with a lawyer? Thanks guys! I promise this isn't for me by the way. Ha Ha
              See, EVERYONE makes mistakes kid. Tell your brother to pay the cite and plead guilty.
              I got nothing for now

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3007 users online. 175 members and 2832 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X