Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal background check for global entry (CBP)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal background check for global entry (CBP)

New to the forum and not sure if anyone here has any knowledge of this but I figure it's worth a shot. I was arrested several years ago for a misdemeanor. When I applied for global entry and went in for the interview, the interviewing officer said that he could see the arrest but was puzzled because my fingerprints were coming back clean in what I assume was an FBI background check since it involved my prints. My question is what other databases are they looking at that allows them to see the arrest? I am contemplating running an FBI background check on myself thru a chaneler to see what pops up. The arrest record is sealed and will eventually be expunged but it was my understand that these records would still pop up on an FBI background check.
    Last edited by macgruber; 10-06-2019, 09:40 PM.

There are various LE-restricted criminal databases that we use that track criminal arrests and convictions. Those outside of LE don't need to know the specifics.

Just FYI, you can't "run a background check on yourself" through LE-restricted systems like that (and if someone with access is doing it for you, they could lose their personal access, the access for their entire agency, and be criminally prosecuted).
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8077 users online. 381 members and 7696 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X